Gallagher

Suffers Heart Attack

Hospitalized in Texas

3/15/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0314_gallagher_ex
Watermelon-smashing comedy legend Gallagher is hospitalized in Texas tonight ... after suffering a heart attack at a bar moments before he was supposed to perform ... TMZ has learned.

65-year-old Gallagher was preparing to go on stage, when he began to experience intense chest pains. The owner of the club called 911 ... and emergency personnel responded to the scene and transported Gallagher to a nearby hospital.

Gallagher's manager tells TMZ ... the comic suffered a "mild to serious" heart attack and will remain in the hospital for the next couple of days while doctors try to figure out what's wrong with his ticker.

The incident occurred just one year after Gallagher collapsed on stage during a performance in Minnesota after suffering a "minor heart attack."

Jay W.

Speedy recovery to you Gallagher.

eicarr

Whoever picks the photos at TMZ rocks!!! Glad I'll never be famous and on your site looking as bad as I can. Love Gallagher though. Hope he gets well soon..

Joe

Watermelon 1 Gallagher 0

Sonja

Wow, he has NOT aged well.. he looks like my grandfather did when he died.. and he was in his 80's .. my Dad is 67 and looks 20yrs younger than Gallagher .. and probably drinks 20X as much booze... Sheesh.. who knew bad humor and watermelon juice was so bad for one's health!

campy

Get well soon man! Hurry up and come perform in Northern CA!!!

Mikey

I tell ya it felt like a sledgehammer hit me.

bring back recent posts

...HEED ur body warnings..nobody has a heart attack without them..just saying...

Fozzie

this is sad, poor guy can't even retire. He is reduced to performing in bars? I know he was trying to sell his props to save his house. Hope he gets well soon and slows it down and gets his finances in order.

Cognizant _illiberal

Pink Hearts, Yellow Moons, Green Clovers, and Orange Stars - that leprechauns' on acid!

josh

I was there tonight, and it was surreal feeling in the room when they announced the news. He was walking around talking to everyone, preparing for his show earlier. My heart goes out to him and his family. My thoughts and prayers are with him...

matina

ive got pics

Ethan Tudor W.

Gallagher is looking his age these days, love his show, but maybe it's time to slow down a bit.

Johnny L

Somebody check... could've been his brother.

patty

get better!!! - and thank god he was with people when it happened!

Nostradamus

Geez, does this guy have a gambling problem or something? Time to hang the oversized mallet up buddy, you should be a multimillionaire by now anyways. Saw him live a couple years ago and he was alright, but he looked haggard back then. He's an angry guy. Too bad he can't just chill and enjoy his $$$.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments