TI

I Just Played My 1st Poker Game

... and I Won BIG

3/14/2012 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0313_TI_ex_tmz
TI
's got the best beginner's luck on the planet -- because Monday night, the rapper sat down for his first ever live poker game ... and somehow QUINTUPLED his money, winning thousands of dollars.

Sources tell TMZ, TI was fresh off a concert in St. Louis and had some time to kill before his flight -- so he decided to try his luck at the poker table at the Lumiere Casino.

Thing is ... TI had never played a single game of poker in a casino EVER before that night -- and he still cleaned house.

Sources tell us, TI bought in for $500 -- and left the table with $2,500-$3,000.

Tell 'em other broke jokers be quiet.

0817_poker_shark_footer_v2

Cricket

Nice. Wish I could win like that @ hold em.

Penelope

who? TI? I am really getting old.

denise

And this is news? A guy takes $500 and turns it into $2500 at a poker table? LOL this is really top news worth posting! I'll be sure to send this to all my family and friends!

The gravity of this news is so STUPID.

MONIQUE910

Haters, Haters, Haters. This topic was not about his life, him being incarcerated, or his wife. People are so hilarious when they hate. it's funny to me. Oh and he is a winner, because whether he's a convict or can't vote, he still has more money than you. LMAO @ Haters!!!

Mary P

Beginner's luck is usually based on the fact you don't know what you are doing so the rest of the table makes smart plays and doesn't know what the newbie will do next and often fold more often than not. Not to mention newbies will likely not play anything except cards we all know - like a straight or flush.

MONIQUE910

lmao! total opposite you stupid bitch! I have no kids, no section 8, no food stamps, and a great job you idiot. very independent! So your little joke didn't work. LMAO. Your life probably sucks or u just don't have one. Hilarious. Very amusing. Please do me a favor and kill yourself. Tonight!!! Lmao

MONIQUE910

Oh and Kill yourself too maynerd! LMAO WOW.

MONIQUE910

oh and while i'm at it Maynerd! who was talking to you in the first place? "Do society a favor." Bitch please! you racist prick! Like I said kill yourself too. Soon!!!

MONIQUE910

No like, Kurt Cobain, Heath Ledger, Amy winehouse and the list goes on....

MONIQUE910

You know what! I apologize for that last comment people! I'm sorry for even letting myself stoop to his level. Idiots

Miss Vida

Wish some of that beginners luck would have rubbed off on me!!!!

The Neko Nation

Piece of garbage ghetto rapper probably cheated.

Miss Vida

Wish some of that beginners luck would rub off on me....