'Celebrity Apprentice'

Big Sponsor Pulls Out Over

Little Trumps' Animal Butchery

3/15/2012 1:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0314_trump_hunting_ex
Donald Trump
's sons' bloody hunting trip in Africa last year didn't just put a dent in the local wildlife population -- it exterminated a lucrative advertising deal on "Celebrity Apprentice" ... by scaring away a big sponsor.

Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis tells TMZ, the company's TV spots already aired on this season of "Celebrity Apprentice" -- but he insists, "I wouldn't spend another nickel with them."

Marcus adds, "I am totally disgusted by the [hunting] pics I have seen and was surprised to see them ... Money is spent but wow I'm really shocked."

As TMZ previously reported, Donald's sons (Donald Jr. and Eric) went on a hunting safari in Zimbabwe a year ago, killing several animals -- including an elephant, crocodile, kudu, civet cat and waterbuck.

0315_hunting_trump_footer

keepingitreal

These people are filthy rich and obviously have no conscience.

Rossetta

Well, I guess if you have enough money..Hunting these animals for sport, photographing them as proof of your expensive disregard for endangers species makes you proud of yourself, then what can be said..Why would you kill an elephant? This is a story my mind cannot absorb..

keepingitreal

When I see these photos, I instantly think they're DISGUSTING, but then I'm not a "HUNTER" thank goodness!

d

I have always said that Donald Trump could not run a lemonade stand. Now this proves his kids are just as stupid as he is. Elephants... really!! Idiots.

Carole Tessier

This is so incredibly cruel and disgusting in every way. How dare these rich boys kill these beautiful creatures for fun! Curious as to why poaching elephants is illegal but hunting for game is allowed! I will never watch Celebrity Apprentice or anything TRUMP again!

Roberto

Bad carma for them, wait and see what happens to those bastards, it will come. We should all stop buyng trumps anything.

keepingitreal

So now what they'll do is something charitable and all will be forgiven. But, those dreadful photos, are they for bragging rights? Why else take them? They must have albums full.

mr allen

The African Elephant is NOT endangered

Christine Morandin

Great! Thank you Camping World for standing up for the animals, I will shop there for all my camping gear this summer!

The Dave

Some of these game reserves are in such a state where the government can't give them nearly enough money to combat poaching. To rectify this they allow a very limited cull of animals at an extremely high price to the hunter. Quite often those that go after the poachers will act as guides for the hunters. If this practice did not take place many animals on the reserve would become extinct due to the poaching.

mike

Elephants contrary to popular belief in many countries are now over populated, Zimbabwe is a perfect example with a carrying capacity of 50,000 elephants the current population is now over 125,000, Tanzania, Botswana, South Africa, and Namibia all have very healthy elephant populations. A large portion of elephants harvested each year are rogue and dangerous, destroying crops, and villages. Hunting and environmental tourism in many parts of Africa are the only industry there is, employing thousands of rural African's and feeding tens of thousands. One week its an environmental camp, the next week the very same camp is a hunting camp, while the environmentalist eat the meat the hunters produce, and the neighboring villages getting most of the meat. When a cape buffalo, hippo, or elephant is harvested within an hour villagers show up and start cutting and packing meat back to their villages. My final point Trump Jr. holding the elephant tail, its customary for the hunter to cut the tail off, and the head tracker will sit down and braid a bracelet out of the hair of the tail onto the hunters wrist which is not removable, to be worn as a reminder of the elephant for the rest of the hunters life, while the braiding is going on the villagers come and thank the hunter for the meat and congratulate them on a successful hunt. What is most appalling to me is Americans inability to do our own research into just how important hunting safaris are to rural, and remote Africans live’s on a daily basis.

fran

all sponsors should pull out of that lame show anyway, its just taking up a spot a really good show could fill..as far as Trumps sons hunting...what a sad thing to be proud of , trophy hunting...horrible

Michael

I will never participate in anything branded "Trump".

JimmydeansausageCo.

Wow, not cool to hunt those specific animals. Just because you have the money to indulge those things & can, doesn't mean you should.

Lots of respect LOST for these two, God'll get'em.

Who Knew

Boycott Camping World. Hunting is not a crime wussies. Personally I only hunt what what I eat and do not understand hunting for sport, but it is not illegal. Also, those African countries rely on this to support them. The meat feed to locals as well. Good grief. Unless you are one of those vegan weirdos you really can't complain about this.