Rihanna

I Reached Out to Chris Brown

... 'Cause He's HOT

3/15/2012 9:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_etwby94w_0_uq780afk
Screw the brutal, face-smashing beating in 2009 ... Chris Brown is the HOTTEST R&B artist out right now -- which is why Rihanna says she reached out to CB to collaborate on two new songs.

Rihanna called Ryan Seacrest this morning on KIIS FM, explaining her choice to record two duets with the man who brutalized her three years ago -- "I reached out to him about doing ‘Birthday Cake’ because that’s the only person that really -- it made sense to do the record. Just as a musician -- despite everything else -- that was going to be the person."

She said, "I thought about rappers, and I’ve done that so many times, and the hottest R&B artist out right now is Chris Brown. So I wanted him on the track."

It's not personal ... it's business ... right?

taylor

it's not like the two of them are back together i think that people really need to give it a rest... chris brown could save a ton of children from a burning building and people would get upset because he didnt put out the fire smh give the guy a break he has never done anything personal to you

LOLOL

Hey Tmz,

Quit having flamers and queers write your articles..
'The man who brutalized her' GTFOH

Mis

God. Die already. Your Music isn't worth tolerating your Moronic ability to look stupider each day.

CC

It's a free country. Just STFU when he kicks your @ss the next time.

Jim

Dear, dear Rihanna... You are an I D I O T, and will deserve what will happen to you when you are with Chris Brown again. You're now ASKING for it, and eventually, will get it. Don't come back asking for sympathy next time.

jack-55d79

Chris Brown's last album was certified gold. In the US and Australia. Rihanna's last album was certified 2x platinum in the US and gold/platinum in over 10 countries. So a hot R&B artist is probably not the best way to describe Chris Brown relevant even to Rihanna herself. Maybe she means he's really influential or something - what with all those covers of his songs and inclusion in mixtapes. Influential people sometimes have mediocre, or even no, sales. Maybe she feels sorry for him for his lack of success in sales terms relative to hers.

SUJUANJAZMYN

Look... Like I said Rihanna is still with Chris Brwon, come on. That karrueche chick is being paid to date that man so fans wont get suspicious.I mean Chris and Rihanna been hanging out hella tough lately and the only way they can cover that up is is they say Chris has a girl. Either Karrueche dont know whats going on and getting played or she do and getting paid. Come on this girl is a nobody came out of nowhere.... be smart people because everything aint wat it seems

gotta say

y'all want her to hate him so bad and the fact that she doesn't is driving you crazy ain't it? what happened three years ago was horrible and bad and something he or she should never forget. but hell she was able to deal with it, come to terms with it, move on from it, and give forgiveness about it.... let her do her and make music with who she wants to make music with.

Slomoshun

I'll just leave this here....

SUJUANJAZMYN

Rihanna never broke up with Chris, probably publicly but not privately and she only did that because she was going to lose sponsors, fans and deals that girl aint dumb and I aint she aint fooling me

quezcotl

I understand her, I once slapped my wife (I was 22, im 25 today) and today me,her my two daughters are doing fine.
No, I never "hit her" with my fist, just a hard slap to let her know who is in charge.
And no, im not proud of it and hasnt done it since, violence doesnt have to be the end, the man and the woman need to overcome their faults (woman who speaks up and against the man, and the man need to control his anger)

disinter

I'm confused. Not about why a woman would praise someone who bashed her face in but rather why she called him a "musician". I thought he was a rapper? Those two things have nothing common.

Smart

She is an idiot wannabe thug.

eric

Yeah it's about business...her business, so leave her alone.

Oh well

Well when he kicks your a$$ again, just remember he's hot.