Rihanna

I Reached Out to Chris Brown

... 'Cause He's HOT

3/15/2012 9:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_etwby94w_0_uq780afk
Screw the brutal, face-smashing beating in 2009 ... Chris Brown is the HOTTEST R&B artist out right now -- which is why Rihanna says she reached out to CB to collaborate on two new songs.

Rihanna called Ryan Seacrest this morning on KIIS FM, explaining her choice to record two duets with the man who brutalized her three years ago -- "I reached out to him about doing ‘Birthday Cake’ because that’s the only person that really -- it made sense to do the record. Just as a musician -- despite everything else -- that was going to be the person."

She said, "I thought about rappers, and I’ve done that so many times, and the hottest R&B artist out right now is Chris Brown. So I wanted him on the track."

It's not personal ... it's business ... right?

Jacques

I really wish that he would PUNCH here again!!
Probably then she would listen...Wonder why she is so attached to CB, is it because of his big D.........

renae

Why do any of you all care so much? If you for one second think that this gal should feel a responsibility as a role model, you REALLY haven't been paying ANY attention to ANYTHING she has done in the last 3 years especially.....at all. Whether she chooses to work with him on a personal or professional level it doesn't affect my life in any way, shape, or form and people shouldn't let it affect theirs. Her life....her consequences for HER decisions.

I would hope abuse victims never looked up to her because IMO, she only reacted initially the way she did because of her career and not because she really felt the need to leave an abusive boyfriend. I just dont see how people dont see that, maybe people shouldnt get all their info from one source ( ( TMZ, MTO, whoever) and actually observe her actions and listen to her own words. The assault raised her profile, she took advantage of it and her career blew up.

Its always seemed as if certain segments of the public cared far more than she ever did about the incident. She is using the obsession of the media over her past relationship as a tool to stay "talked about" and you all fall for it EVERY time.

joan

She is a classless skank that must like to be beaten by her "man". If so, they deserve each other.

Magz

Ha....exactly what I have said and thought ALL along! It's nothing....people need to get over it...the relationship these two have is nobody's business! I LOVE both these kids and wish them all the best....whether they are just friends, business associates or lovers!!!!!!!!

cbear

There are tons of other R&B artists she could have went with. How about Usher? I think he is bigger than Chris Brown. Ne-Yo, Cee-Lo, there are plenty!

Ohreg

Won't surprise me if the whole 2009 Pre-Grammy fight was a publicity stunt. His career is taking off; auto tuned and bungee jumping dancing. Her career; auto tuned and pole dancing hot mess.
I guess she sees how successful Kim K has been acting like a tramp.

Who Knew

The group Garbage had a hit song called "Stupid Girl", she should remake that song, it fits.

fred

Ri Ri knows you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette , or in Chris's case "Her Face" !

mikole

This is such a sad world; partly due to role models young women have (Paris Hilton,Rihanna,etc). Just like white boys want to be and act black, now they are going to think it is ok to beat their "b*tches" and the girl is going to go back to him (the abuser) just like the Rihanna/Chris Brown incident. The artist should live their own lives people should just be their self rather than something they are not.

joeygirl45

Dang girl... STFU already. This is one stupid broad. If it weren't for mixing boards, synthesizers and studios, this chick would be a nobody. She can't sing worth crap live (if anyone has ACTUALLY heard her live) and she is looking skankier by the day. I don't get it to be honest. She is obviously starting to rely souly on her half naked body prancing around so nobody realizes she can't sing. Not to mention, her choices in men are terrible. So, when some dude beats the crap out of her again, please don't tell us, because we won't care.

mikole

Big D

F the beating that boy can sing.

DeeWA2010

I am signed in, but am not able to LIKE or DISLIKE. WTFrig???
cb is NOT HOT, he CAN dance, but he LOOKS GROSS. Especially when he dies his hair blond. I read the WHOLE police report, recently (and FINALLY) released. He damn near KILLED HER. Choked her in a head lock until she dang near passed out, while PUNCHING & PUNCHING HER FACE. She has LOST HER MIND fooling around w/that VIOLENT NARCISSIST.

Nina

She's in denial...

Mrs. Gossip

Makes perfect sense. I mean If I were a nazi I would hire a jewish account. Only makes sense right?