Ex-Ninja Turtles Actor

Michael Bay is 'Sodomizing'

the TMNT Legacy

3/20/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0319_robbie_rist_bay_tmnt_getty_facebook_ex_2

The guy who voiced Michaelangelo in the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" movies is FURIOUS with Michael Bay ... claiming the director is "sodomizing" the franchise by changing "turtle" history in an upcoming flick.

The outrage stems from a comment Bay made about his upcoming live-action flick at a recent media event ... in which he said, "These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.”

Of course, TMNT fans are FLIPPING OUT ... since everyone knows the turtles mutated during a brush with radioactive ooze after falling through a sewer ... duh.

One of those pissed off fans is voice-actor Robbie Rist ... who recently posted a letter to Bay stating, "You probably don't know me but I did some voice work on the first set of movies that you are starting to talk about sodomizing."

Rist added, "I know believing in mutated talking turtles is kinda silly to begin with but am I supposed to be led to believe there are ninjas from another planet? The rape of our childhood memories continues ... "

Still, Rist tells TMZ ... "Everything I have said here could be off base and wrong ... He has made WAY more money at this than I have."

update_bar
8:45 AM PT: Michael Bay has a few words for worried fans -- releasing a statement moments ago in response to the outrage ... urging them to chill the hell out.

cmd666

why is this SOB(bay) destroying my childhood.

Simon Phoenix

I wont watch this movie. I think that Michael Bay destroyed the Transformers and will destroy the Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles as well. I have not watched movies that he is associated with since Transformers 1.The story is already there and already successful just stick with it rather than trying to be more creative in adapting it and (no pun intended) alienating your core audiences.

imad

I already want my 10 bucks back.

Judith

Wow! Who knew Cousin Oliver was such a bad ass!

Richard

Hey Green - Al Forest gump won best picture, so dont go throwing award winner cr@p at anyone. The problem with changing the story is the fans are going to reject it, just like they rejected the last airbender.

Eeek!

Bay should take his alien turtles and go back to cybertron.

Mike

Because Superman got bit by a radioactive spider and Batman's from another planet, Thor is the King of the sea and talks telepathically with fish, and Rorschach's invisible plane Transforms into a Delorean. Sheesh....

Reuben

and let me guess, they come from Cybertron.. Dont do it Bay!

Woodrow

Michael Bay is a horrible director. All his movies have sucked.

harriet

Michael Bay---Please don't. PLEASE DON'T!!!!!!!

Mis

HAHA Like in South Park when They raped Indiana Jones. Seeing the old TMNT Image just made me feel really old.

Bobcat

THE NEW MOVIE WILL NOT BE FOR US.
Any new movie will be made with the widest possible audience in mind, not just for the minority audience, veteran TMHT fans. The original series and comics will still be there, they won't vanish into the ether because Michael Bay is working on a new version.

edswoggle

I hate Michael Bay just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

cat

oh dear... that's the worst idea he ever came up with... he must have eaten too much pizza... TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!

Pat Martin

Rist is worth paying attention to, because he's one of those rare Hollywood-nurtured creatives who's not a sycophantic twit, sucking up to anyone who might give him a job. He's been observationally smart, insightful, inventive and funny for a LONG time, and some high muckety-mucks would be making a good investment by funneling a bunch of free-range finances his way and hooking him up with the resources to have a go at doing some bigger projects, with the caveat that they stuff their executive decision making up their backsides while he works. Anyone who dwells on anything Cousin Oliver-related ought to go back to polishing their 1970s high school sports trophies. They need you more than he does.

I, on the other hand, *am* a sycophantic twit, only because Robbie has been a nice guy online and he actually has thoughtful interactions with long time fans like me.

Oh yeah, the boy can RAWK!!! too, in case you didn't know!