'Jersey Shore'

Producers Looking to Phase Out

The Situation & Snooki

3/24/2012 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0323_jersey_shore_EX_01
With Snooki pregnant and The Situation getting sober, the people behind "Jersey Shore" are FREAKED the show will lose its sex-crazed alcohol-fueled edge -- so they're looking to phase the two out ... in favor of newer, wilder castmates.

MTV released a statement earlier this week -- following news Sitch was seeking substance abuse treatment -- claiming the network expects the entire cast to return for Season 6 ... but sources close to 495 Productions tell TMZ, the production company is currently looking for new talent.

According to sources, 495 desperately wants to keep things fresh -- and folding in new castmates will help transition the show into a new generation ... while still keeping old fans hooked.

We're told 495 plans to limit Snooki and The Situation's roles on the new season -- giving new cast members more screen time instead.

The show is set to begin filming this summer. 495 had no comment.

Christian

LOL....this just goes to show what a piece of **** company MTV has turned into...they need to just disappear...what does the M in MTV even stand for anymore...oh i know MORONS

Christian

Mayu

Why is this show even popular? More in point, why does Mtv still exist? Mtv stands for MUSIC TELEVISION. I haven't seen music on that station since the early 90's.

britt

they should just cancel the show nobody watches it anymore

Jdawg

Snooki and Sitch are too predictable. They are either drunk or doing/saying something stupid.I know what theya re going to say before they say it.Just bring so class to the show.Someone with a living brain cell.

disgustingKIM

I honestly think they really need to throw some drama into the mix..this last season was boring!!!!!! J-Wow is in a relationship and adds nothing to the show...really, the most interesting thing about her is me trying to figure out what she did to her face! Sammie and Ron did not fight this season so we basically saw nothing from them. Snooki didn't bring much and now thatshe os pregnant and engaged, BORING!! Pauly and Vinny were the only ones that kept me watching the show this season. And who can remember that other Snooki wanna be's name?!? I think they need to toss someone in that Ron could hook up with and piss Sammie off. Ditch Deena and Snooki. maybe keep Situation. Add a few more girls that might fall in love with the boys and then have to see them hook up with other random chicks...that would be some drama!

D-INCARNATION

Angelina and The Unit seem the obvious choice.

peoplearesilly

They need to lose the ENTIRE SHOW. It's stupid and ridiculous and sickening, and on and on and on. Not enough words to describe my disgust of the show and the people on it AND MTV!!!

peoplearesilly

Anyone who watches this show has serious issues. That is a face. It's pathetic. WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE THAT WATCH THIS CRAP? I don't get it.

Carl

Right... phasing out the two biggest stars of the show is a brilliant move. I hate the show, but from a purely ratings perspective I think it is a bad idea to ditch them.

renae

Get rid of all of them and start again or...... Get rid of all of them. Did watch the show , haven't for the last two seasons because I'm tired of watching disgusting people go get drunk, fight, hook up, talking about hooking up, whatever. Dump the whole show....it's time to let it go MTV.

The novelty wore off a LONG time ago.

The1

I have to disagree Anonymous.
I think this show SHOULD HAVE had a rotating cast because we would have NEVER GLORIFIED these INDIVIDUALS. I'm 10 years older than Snooki and I'm from New Jersey; when I was Snooki's age these same old Guido NEW YORKERS would come down to the shore every year and act a fool. There behavior is nothing new. The rest of the world just knows about it.
1. MTV could have saved a LOT of money by recasting seasonally
2. It would have kept the show fresh
3. No one person would have gotten to a celebrity status
Keep in mind they did swap out one of the girls which only shows how replaceable they are on an individual level. I think from a business perspective it is a great idea. The reality is Americans like trash TV so give the people what they want. Sober Snooki and Situation is NOT entertainment.
Do people want to see Jersey Shore or Jersey Snore?
As far as people getting bored, think about the Real World....Every Season got better and better because each person auditioning knew they had to BRING their CRAZY face in order to 1. get casted 2. keep the ratings up for the show.
Like I said, there is no shortage of ridiculous people that are willing to exploit themselves. Keep them pumping, pay them cheap and entertain me because I won't act a fool but I don't mind pointing and laughing at the idiot who volunteered to let this network exploit them by acting a fool.

Billy

Like the Adam Sandler back to school movie. People are now stupider for having watched this show.

nof

Only one problem, re: playing-God with people/careers...

Actually two, two problems:

1) Snook and Sitch are their only two break-out stars
2) Marc Cherry was just in court for essentially the same thing - i.e. being Jesus.

ABC would be wise to settle this thing.

495 would be wise to let the AUDIENCE decide.

melissa

If I seriously have to watch one more ****ing season of these people I am going to go crazy! Can't they just phase the entire freaking cast out! I MEAN HONESTLY! Why is MTV holding onto these people so much for my goshhhh!