Alicia Silverstone

I Feed My Baby ...

By Spitting into His Mouth

3/27/2012 10:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0327_alicia_silverstone_Reg
This is how Alicia Silverstone feeds her 10-month-old son -- chewing up food in her mouth ... then spitting it directly into his ... like a bird.

Alicia posted the video on her blog this weekend, claiming it's her "favorite" way to feed her son Bear Blu (that's his name). Alicia adds, "He literally crawls across the room to attack my mouth if I’m eating."

It's unclear why she does this -- there's probably some hippie-dippie explanation about the bacteria in her mouth helping to strengthen her kid's immune system ... or something -- but she never explains why herself.

For the record -- Alicia's a staunch vegan ... and she's raising her son vegan too. Mother knows best?

sc1432

Alicia, Children should learn to eat with a spoon and there own plate of food.
You are NOT a mama bird feeding her young.
This child will soon run up to people eating and try to get into there mouths
I really think Alicia you should get some therapy..What your doing is NOT normal.

Jordan

Mothers do this in Africa. Chill out, you snobby Americans.

RaineeDrops

So when you have a cold, you give him a cold.
Would you eat the food on your plate if you found out the chef or cook chewed it up first and spit it on your plate?

EDITA ON STEROIDS

"Uh AS IF! Feeding my kid this way is totally healthy, my saliva mixed with my bad breath is like the fountain of youth er go why cant we feed all nations this way"

Seldombinlaid

That is some sick ghit. After reading this I'll never be able to watch her in another show. Period, just to weird. Bitch things she's a momma bird?

LuvLeeRita

I understand a vegan lifestyle but isn't this taking it a little too far?

Milano99

That is downright rude. Not to mention that she is "training" this child to be dependent on others. Bad parenting. But I'm sure she thinks it's "cute".

Jdawg

I bet she has caught spit from sumtin in her mouth before.

sPaNkdEnALgAs

I heard about this once before from a woman.....but it was under completely different cir***stances that don't apply to A. Silverstone. The woman would chew up her food and feed her baby this way because she could not afford to buy baby food for her small child. She also lived in a different country other than the US where food stamps and other forms of help are available .....

EDITA ON STEROIDS

I watched her thanksgiving video and she chewed up the food instead of using the food processor ..lol jk, but she had spoons and a food processor so why she does this is beyond me

janice

You know what seperates humans from birds? SPOONS! geez.

CC

Actually the bacteria in her mouth will harm his teeth.

Julie2

I don't know what goes through some people's minds. I respect her decision to be vegan and raise her child how she pleases, and I also think she's a talented beautiful woman, but this is so inappropriate and nasty. I have no words. Well, other than EWWWW. You're right, with that name and this behavior, he'll need serious counseling. Another super liberal Hollywood weirdo is born!

helen

Ahh Alicia she's a daftbat isnt she? how come no one ever brought up Clueless when all this stuff between whitneys daughter and her "adopted" son was going on... Alicia gets it on with her step brother in Clueless!!!

Jamie

OH that is ****ed up and weird!! What happens when she gets ill with something communicable - is her kid gonna starve or is she just gonna pass it along like a sexually transmitted disease??? The kid is 10 months old! Time he starts learning to chew his own food and feed himself. What a freak.