Madonna

I Don't Support Drug Use

... and I Never Have!

3/27/2012 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0326_madonna_tweet_BN
Madonna says DeadMau5 is DeadWrong ... claiming she was NOT promoting drug use at a concert in Florida ... despite allegations she used her stage time to glamorize the drug ecstasy.

Deadmau5 -- one of the most famous DJs in the world -- had attacked Madonna​ as a "f**king idiot" for asking the crowd at the Ultra Music Festival if anyone has "seen Molly" -- Molly is a slang term for the active ingredient in ecstasy (video below ... warning: it contains explicit language).

Now, Madge is lashing back ... with a pair of mouse ears.

The Material Girl posted a photo of herself in Mickey Mouse gear ... with the caption, "From one mouse to another I dont support drug use and i never have. I was referring to the song called "Have You Seen Molly" written by my friend Cedric Gervais who I almost worked with on my album."

Deadmau5 saw the tweet and replied ... saying, "Fair enough, I was just voicing my concerns as I usually do. +1 respect for clearing it up personally ... regardless, just be a little more aware of what you should represent at EDM events, and I'll watch my mouth."

Madge replied ... "Communication is always best. You should have called me first, we could have cleared it up 'privately.' ;) See you on the road."

Hatchet ... buried?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jay W.

Dubstep boy sounds like he might like to bury his hatchet into the material girl.

James

What about the title of her new album---MDNA? (MDMA is another term for the drug ecstacy.)

Firefly

She's full of it, and he'll be watching her!

Chuck

Madonna is lame and irrelevant. Her answer reeks of a lie.

Nostradamus

Oh please.

bittybaby

um, sure madge, whatever you say. right.

bagladey

That explanation is so pathetic, and has the distinct ring of dishonesty to it.

PT

I am sure Madonna couldn't give two ****s what "Deadmau5" says. And what a ridiculous name. Deadmau5? give me a break. Deadcareer more like it.

STFUP

She's full of s**t! She never even worked with the guy ("almost"), and her fans were supposed to get that reference over the drug reference?
Like Hell. Nice try, Hag. Just give up. You are NOT young anymore. Stop trying to act like you're still in your 20's.

ummm?!

"it was a song written by my friend CG who I "almost" worked with on my albumn". What a lame A*s*s answer. Not buying it.

Blaire

not buying that excuse...or her new album.

RaineeDrops

She is trying to spin this.

She is the one who first made it public by even saying such a foolish immature thing.

Ginger

She's purposely causing a commotion - it helps with record sales and she does have a new one out. She's always pushing the envelope to get noticed. Otherwise, we might just forget about her. (I wish)

cowgirl

Madge was referring to a song by a person she "almost" worked with? Baloney.

Jay W.