Madonna

I Don't Support Drug Use

... and I Never Have!

3/27/2012 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0326_madonna_tweet_BN
Madonna says DeadMau5 is DeadWrong ... claiming she was NOT promoting drug use at a concert in Florida ... despite allegations she used her stage time to glamorize the drug ecstasy.

Deadmau5 -- one of the most famous DJs in the world -- had attacked Madonna​ as a "f**king idiot" for asking the crowd at the Ultra Music Festival if anyone has "seen Molly" -- Molly is a slang term for the active ingredient in ecstasy (video below ... warning: it contains explicit language).

Now, Madge is lashing back ... with a pair of mouse ears.

The Material Girl posted a photo of herself in Mickey Mouse gear ... with the caption, "From one mouse to another I dont support drug use and i never have. I was referring to the song called "Have You Seen Molly" written by my friend Cedric Gervais who I almost worked with on my album."

Deadmau5 saw the tweet and replied ... saying, "Fair enough, I was just voicing my concerns as I usually do. +1 respect for clearing it up personally ... regardless, just be a little more aware of what you should represent at EDM events, and I'll watch my mouth."

Madge replied ... "Communication is always best. You should have called me first, we could have cleared it up 'privately.' ;) See you on the road."

Hatchet ... buried?

Jackie

She's so gross and a bisexual poser. If she wanna kiss women, then she should date them than bloody randomly kissing them on stage or at their parties.puke

Jean

I don't get it. why was she referencing that song, did she play the song in her set? or thought "hey I'll bring up a song title by a writer that I ALMOST worked with." kind of sad, pathetic excuse. she was probably just trying to connect with the kids and knows little about them or their culture so she tossed out the drug reference to get a response from them. Good for DeadMau5 to just pretend he accepts the excuse and leave it be. stupid reason to get into a twitter fight.

maggothead

Ok.. And MDNA stands for MaDoNnA right? Or did I "Fu** Up"?
Lets all make obcene title songs & relate lyrics to drug use. Get paid millions, get our checks for free, and go buy some children in Africa.

aitakatia

u guys can say whatever u want but he never gonna work no where around modonna ever again she will make sure if it !!! he is a dumb ass if madonna wanted attention she could go mute on any tv show or just waved to a crowd she doesnt need to do that . now he was the one try to get some on her expenc afffffff

Who Knew

Song or not it's still a drug reference and a good spin.

Both of these "artists" are irrelevant, who gives a sheet.

nan

2 people desperate for the spotlight and completely full of beans..
probably a public relations move since I never heard of him and Madonna should step away from the spotlight.
Her last big attraction was when she was eulogizing Michael Jackson and kept talking about herself..

REALbarbwire7

F U C Kme. Just sayin....

jeff

What do people say madonna is as a celebrity..."singer". So if she's a "singer", why does she have to lipsynch at her live shows? She can't even sing HER OWN SONGS live? That's pretty weak. This whole dust up is publicity for her new album, duh.

soulofanangel

------------------------------------------------------------OLD HAG Madonna was MIDDLE AGED ten years ago (if she lives to be 86 years old).
------------------------------------------------------------Seems like these old hags and old rockers just can't get it thru their rotting brains to head for the EXIT. Just start your day by counting the millions you deserved and millions you didn't deserve and be QUIET already.
------------------------------------------------------------
Madonna is OLD NEWS and that's the best that can be said of her these days.
------------------------------------------------------------
Bye-bye Madonna.....N E X T ?
------------------------------------------------------------

PopGlitch

Listen to how clever her excuse is. She said she was referring to Cedric's song, "Have You Seen Molly" Which is a song about ECSTACY! The song promotes ecstasy itself! The song itself is a f@#king drug reference! So basically, she is still saying, SHE WAS REFERRING TO ECSTACY! What loser and Deadmau5 is a self-righteous loser himself. Meanwhile Snoop Dogg and just about EVERY other rapper makes reference to cocaine and weed and heroine and every other drug on that planet but somehow THAT'S ok? I'm not defending Madonna, she's trying to appeal to a younger audience and it's completely LAME. But for DeadAss to attack her while every rapper on the planet talks about drugs is completely lame and then back pedal when she spins the story is even lamer. Do me a favor pop culture idiots, stop buying her albums and maybe she'll stop doing this ****! No one wants to see a 53 year old lady gyrating half-naded, no matter HOW many serguries she's had.

Sue

Madonna, you must support this kind of drug

cigarettes ----------

cause your daughter was seen smoking them yesterday

PopGlitch

KellyBunny

I'm not buying it. What a lame @$$ excuse!

JAN

silly mouse! Dont mess with Madge, she'll win everytime.