Keith Olbermann

I'm Suing Al Gore's Ass

3/30/2012 2:51 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0330-keith-olbermann-al-gore-getty-ex
Keith Olbermann tells TMZ, he's furious with Al Gore for firing him from Current TV -- claiming, "I will be filing [a lawsuit] against them."

As we previously reported, Current just fired Olbermann from his show "Countdown" -- and Al Gore released a statement, claiming Keith was disrespectful and disloyal to viewers.

Now, Keith is firing back -- "It goes almost without saying that the claims against me implied in Current's statement are untrue and will be proved so in the legal actions I will be filing against them presently."

Keith also says, "The truth of the ethics of Mr. Gore and Mr. Hyatt [Current co-founder] will come out."

Keith adds, joining Current TV was a "foolish" mistake.

Keith suggests there had been an internal war raging between him and Gore for more than a year -- though he doesn't go into specifics.

"I'd like to apologize to my viewers and my staff for the failure of Current TV.

Editorially, Countdown had never been better.  But for more than a year I have been imploring Al Gore and Joel Hyatt to resolve our issues internally, while I've been not publicizing my complaints, and keeping the show alive for the sake of its loyal viewers and even more loyal staff.  Nevertheless, Mr. Gore and Mr. Hyatt, instead of abiding by their promises and obligations and investing in a quality news program, finally thought it was more economical to try to get out of my contract.

It goes almost without saying that the claims against me implied in Current's statement are untrue and will be proved so in the legal actions I will be filing against them presently.  To understand Mr. Hyatt’s “values of respect, openness, collegiality and loyalty,” I encourage you to read of a previous occasion Mr. Hyatt found himself in court for having unjustly fired an employee.  That employee’s name was Clarence B. Cain.

In due course, the truth of the ethics of Mr. Gore and Mr. Hyatt will come out.  For now, it is important only to again acknowledge that joining them was a sincere and well-intentioned gesture on my part, but in retrospect a foolish one.  That lack of judgment is mine and mine alone, and I apologize again for it."

Rob

Olbermann get a life! Truth hurts!

RedPill

Hahahaha you moron you got fired hows it feel you stupid looser all he did was lie on his show anyways

The Truth Hurts

Good he should SUE his AS*

Spencer B in MD

I...LOVE...THIS!!!!

Who Knew

This Libertwit has been fired by every liberl news out-let and ESPN. Maybe he and himself can start their owne blogg.

Observer999

I like Olbermann's politics, but honestly, he doesn't seem to get along with anyone he works with. There's a long history of others claiming he is 'difficult', to use a polite term.

mary

Donald Trump recently made a statement about Oprah firing Rosie. He said "Rosie has failed again. No matter what she does, she fails at it. I don't know why people keep hiring this loser."

Ditto for Keith Olbermann. Of course in his case, it losers hiring this loser.

Vowel-Movement

Both Gore and Olbermann have a mephitic countenance about them. I'd hate to see what kind of a Carbon footprint they leave behind each time they open their nasty pie holes.

It is that horrid mein of liberal rictus that makes watching either of them on the boob tube unbearable. Both have an air redolent of bovine scat scented about them.

LeeMoney

Just gained a bunch of respect for Al Gore..Olbermann is an Uber tool

Vowel-Movement

Al Gore and Olbermann in a piss off. Now that is one show I'd watch with glee. Actually I don't watch Glee but I'd watch the too whimps whoop on each other.

Seriously wtf

I loved Olberman's show on MSNBC (never saw it on Current). He was one of the first (along with Jon Stewart) to come out swinging at the Republicans during the Bush years when everyone was giving Bush a pass because of 911. Olberman was a breath of fresh air and I totally admired his willingness to challenge that administration. I was shocked when MSNBC fired him. Come on Keith - you have a brilliant show - why can't you get along behind the scenes?

R

If Keith just would shut his mouth I could get on with my fantasies about him.

Seldombinlaid

I don't like either of these douches. Keith, you need to show some dignity, if you have any left, and go find another job. You'll not win against Gore.

gutsygirl

Gee...sure hope he can still afford his rent payment....mommy's basement hasn't come cheap!

livereater

i hate al gore. i hate keith olbermann.

i'm going to go & read another article now.