Keith Olbermann

I'm Suing Al Gore's Ass

3/30/2012 2:51 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0330-keith-olbermann-al-gore-getty-ex
Keith Olbermann tells TMZ, he's furious with Al Gore for firing him from Current TV -- claiming, "I will be filing [a lawsuit] against them."

As we previously reported, Current just fired Olbermann from his show "Countdown" -- and Al Gore released a statement, claiming Keith was disrespectful and disloyal to viewers.

Now, Keith is firing back -- "It goes almost without saying that the claims against me implied in Current's statement are untrue and will be proved so in the legal actions I will be filing against them presently."

Keith also says, "The truth of the ethics of Mr. Gore and Mr. Hyatt [Current co-founder] will come out."

Keith adds, joining Current TV was a "foolish" mistake.

Keith suggests there had been an internal war raging between him and Gore for more than a year -- though he doesn't go into specifics.

"I'd like to apologize to my viewers and my staff for the failure of Current TV.

Editorially, Countdown had never been better.  But for more than a year I have been imploring Al Gore and Joel Hyatt to resolve our issues internally, while I've been not publicizing my complaints, and keeping the show alive for the sake of its loyal viewers and even more loyal staff.  Nevertheless, Mr. Gore and Mr. Hyatt, instead of abiding by their promises and obligations and investing in a quality news program, finally thought it was more economical to try to get out of my contract.

It goes almost without saying that the claims against me implied in Current's statement are untrue and will be proved so in the legal actions I will be filing against them presently.  To understand Mr. Hyatt’s “values of respect, openness, collegiality and loyalty,” I encourage you to read of a previous occasion Mr. Hyatt found himself in court for having unjustly fired an employee.  That employee’s name was Clarence B. Cain.

In due course, the truth of the ethics of Mr. Gore and Mr. Hyatt will come out.  For now, it is important only to again acknowledge that joining them was a sincere and well-intentioned gesture on my part, but in retrospect a foolish one.  That lack of judgment is mine and mine alone, and I apologize again for it."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

The Love Sponge

First You Sissies

Sly Slander

Keith Olberman........forever a class act.

Jim in Cali

Olbermann vs Al Gore. Geez who do you root for? I think I'll root for both to destroy each other.

campy

"frmo"

Be a little inappropriate~

"frmo" is it really that hard to proof read before hitting post?

Jack

One a-hole suing another a-hole. Hope the trial is televised. Can't be worse TV than Countdown.

Jack

Other than Rosie are there two less likable people on the planet? ...Didn't think so.

OooooNooo!

Hey, Keith: when you lay down with dogs, don't complain when you get fleas. You were replaced by sex perv Eliot Spitzer - - - pretty much says it all.

gutsygirl

One of my favorite Ann Coulter columns ever.

bob

He was not as much of an a-hole when he was just a coke-addled sports guy.

tomcruiseisNUTs

KEITH OLBERMANN IS BEING REPLACE W/ GUY THAT LOVES HIS HO's, is AL GORE smoking salvia????

Liz

Olbermann's a jerk, and the fact that he says he'll sue less than an hour after being fired just reinforces that he's a jerk. I'm no fan of Gore, but it's his network.

Rob

FINALLY, liberals are eating their own as the Obama turd spins around in the flushing toilet! It it good to know that conservatives are going to win.

New Orleans

This blowhard loser messes up everythinhg he touches. Just go sail away on an ice floe and take your bile with you, Keith.

Bob

I love it when progressive liberals tear each other apart. Could there be two more ignorant, unlikable people on the planet than algore and obermutt? Can't wait to watch this lawsuit play out! Hopefully it will finally put Current TV out of it's misery and once and for all make Obermutt completely un-hireable.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments