Katie Couric

Her GMA Hosting

Pisses Off 'GMA' Staffers

4/2/2012 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402_katie_robyn_EX_01
Katie Couric
's debut as a fill-in host this week on "Good Morning America" has pissed off some of the GMA staff, who feel it's a slap in the face to vacationing co-host Robin Roberts.

GMA is breathing down the neck of "Today" and could overtake it in the ratings this week, breaking years of NBC morning show dominance. Katie's week-long stint -- along with the fact that millions of people have their TV sets tuned to ABC because of "Dancing with the Stars" -- could put it over the top.

Our GMA sources tell us it's disgusting that honchos chose the week that Robin was on vacation to put Katie on the show. They note Robin has been co-hosting GMA since 2005 and is a big reason the show is doing so well.

As one insider put it, "They should have put Katie on when George was on vacation."

And the contingent of GMA staffers who are pissed off is large -- because Robin is well-liked. And, sources tells us, although Robin is unhappy with the Katie move, she has not badmouthed anyone.

As for Katie, ABC sources say she had nothing to do with the decision to fill in and she was very conscious today that she was a "visitor on the set."

harvey johnson

GMA would have been better off leaving Robin's seat vacant this week rather than putting Katic Couric on the show

B J TEXAS

If Robin leaves GMA......so will I. I never watched Couric on any other channel and won't watch her now, she is too opinionated and biased. Robin is balanced in her reporting except when it comes to the NFL. GEAUX SAINTS !!!! GEAUX ROBIN !!

lisa marshall

missing Robin no one can fill her shoes she is just the best Pobin is the reason I watch GMA

ladydiinpa

sick of all the commericials about her sitting in, like Katie but the ad campaign was a bit over the top..ju ju chang would have been a good sub for Robin

Love GMAIL

No more Katie. She never 'fits in', she always takes over. I love the dynamics of the current team, please do not change. No more Katie!

lisa marshall

ROBIN is just the best she is the reason I watch GMA

Nancy

I really like Katie Couric but could she please stop giggling?! This is a news show and the entire morning group are acting like fawning children around her--enough, already!! Bring back Robin--please.

Beverleigh

I'll be glad when Couric is gone, and I hope she never comes back. You have done GMA a diservice by putting her on.

Barbara

Please, Please dont let go of Robin Roberts!! She is why Im watching GMA again. And Sam!! The best looking weather man! Losting Robin would be bad. And I would be very sad. Then you would lost so many viewers.

Bjk

Katie is not an addition to the show. Quit watching the Today sow because of her and this week back to the Today show while Robin is gone. She is just into herself.

Janet

If I wanted to watch Katie Couric I would have tuned in and watch the Today Show and I didn't! I adore Robin Roberts! I watch Gma and have done so for over 25 yrs. The dynamics of the show are due to the staffing! Don't screw around with what works and created a great show!

Karen G

All the HYPE about K Couric FILLING in for Robin Roberts for one week is a definite turn off. Can't wait for Robin to return.
Enough already!!!!

kathy

I watch Good Morning America everyday, except when I heard on Sunday that Katie was going to be on. I changed the channel so I don't even mistakenly have to hear that most annoying person for even a second. How could GMA do this to us? Just awful!

David

She's sure alot easier on the eyes than Robin!

Monica

I have stopped watching GMA for now, I. Hope this is not a permanent change. Robin Robertshad a better personality, and is more likable. Katie sucks