Katie Couric

Her GMA Hosting

Pisses Off 'GMA' Staffers

4/2/2012 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402_katie_robyn_EX_01
Katie Couric
's debut as a fill-in host this week on "Good Morning America" has pissed off some of the GMA staff, who feel it's a slap in the face to vacationing co-host Robin Roberts.

GMA is breathing down the neck of "Today" and could overtake it in the ratings this week, breaking years of NBC morning show dominance. Katie's week-long stint -- along with the fact that millions of people have their TV sets tuned to ABC because of "Dancing with the Stars" -- could put it over the top.

Our GMA sources tell us it's disgusting that honchos chose the week that Robin was on vacation to put Katie on the show. They note Robin has been co-hosting GMA since 2005 and is a big reason the show is doing so well.

As one insider put it, "They should have put Katie on when George was on vacation."

And the contingent of GMA staffers who are pissed off is large -- because Robin is well-liked. And, sources tells us, although Robin is unhappy with the Katie move, she has not badmouthed anyone.

As for Katie, ABC sources say she had nothing to do with the decision to fill in and she was very conscious today that she was a "visitor on the set."

Dean

How long will Robin be away? I will stay tuned to another station as long as Katie is hosting.

Carol

We love Robin, Sam, Lara, and Josh. We are getting used to George. We really, really miss Chris Cuomo. We hope that Chris’ departure to 20/20 was his idea so he could spend more time with his kids. If not, we want him back. Miss you, Chris.

No room in our "perfect morning group" for Katie.

Evilpoptart

TEAM ROBIN!!!!!

Kat

If GMA gives the anchor job to Katie, they will lose this long time viewer!!

Dale

ROBIN COME BAAAACK! Katie will NEVER be able to replace the lovable Robin! Time to move on Katie! Leave GMA to the current line-up...it's working!

Holivier

I just have to say that I watch GMA every morning, and have for the last year. I do not like Katie Couric on GMA. She is bland, and has brought nothing to the table. She does not gel with the group at all. I am missing Robin Roberts. If Katie was brought on permanently, I would probably switch to another news outlet in the morning.

Gayekhan

I thought when ABC realized what a mistake they made withJuju, they would wise up. No, now they bring Katie to stand in for Robin. Who is in charge of staffing?? Katie is obnoxious and has no place sitting with the awesome GMA staff for one day much less five

Helen

PLEASE don't replace Robin with Katie. I have been a fan of GMA since David Hartman days and switched to CBS after Charlie Gibson left and George Stefanopolis came on board. But then CBS went to a new staff so I returned to GMA and have really enjoyed it, even George. I do not like Katie and just feel she is looking for a place to fit in and I hope it is not GMA. Please keep the staff you have, they have the greatest chemistry of any news show on TV.

Helen

PLEASE don't replace Robin with Katie. I have been a fan of GMA since David Hartman days and switched to CBS after Charlie Gibson left and George Stefanopolis came on board. But then CBS went to a new staff so I returned to GMA and have really enjoyed it, even George. I do not like Katie and just feel she is looking for a place to fit in and I hope it is not GMA. Please the staff you have, they have the greatest chemistry of any news show on TV.

Craig

I vote for Katie to be full time and to keep Robin as well. But please get rid of the entertainment tonight crap. CBS looks a lot better than GMA

Kat

Hate Katie Couric if she will be replacing Robin. Robin is the best thing about GMA. I can tolerate shortie George. I've already sent GMA the message to get rid of stupid Lara. Josh & Sam are alrioght. Let Bianna go away! She's evil and bitchy.

American Mom

SEE ABC! NOONE WANTS KATIE COURIC ON ANY SHOW!!!!!! kATIE COURIC IS A BORE. DON'T SELF DESTRUCT BY REPLACING ANY ONE OR ANY SHOW FOR HER.

Virginia McDorman

K atie was the best thing that has happen to Good Morming America, and a perfect fit with George S.

Ellen

Was surprised to turn on GMA and see Katie sitting there - and not knowing where Robin was (been out of town)
Point is - make sure Katie does her thing for the week and get Robin back in her spot and keep it that way.

Bob

Katie Couric is a breath of fresh air o GMA, keep Roberts on vacation or assignment. The last time she did here Magma bit on GMA I turned you off forever, the only reason I'm watching is because of Couric.