Katie Couric

Her GMA Hosting

Pisses Off 'GMA' Staffers

4/2/2012 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402_katie_robyn_EX_01
Katie Couric
's debut as a fill-in host this week on "Good Morning America" has pissed off some of the GMA staff, who feel it's a slap in the face to vacationing co-host Robin Roberts.

GMA is breathing down the neck of "Today" and could overtake it in the ratings this week, breaking years of NBC morning show dominance. Katie's week-long stint -- along with the fact that millions of people have their TV sets tuned to ABC because of "Dancing with the Stars" -- could put it over the top.

Our GMA sources tell us it's disgusting that honchos chose the week that Robin was on vacation to put Katie on the show. They note Robin has been co-hosting GMA since 2005 and is a big reason the show is doing so well.

As one insider put it, "They should have put Katie on when George was on vacation."

And the contingent of GMA staffers who are pissed off is large -- because Robin is well-liked. And, sources tells us, although Robin is unhappy with the Katie move, she has not badmouthed anyone.

As for Katie, ABC sources say she had nothing to do with the decision to fill in and she was very conscious today that she was a "visitor on the set."

Sandy

I find Katie Couric BORING and overpaid!! Will not watch if she continues!

Jeffords

I for one cannot stand Katie Couric and wonder what were the powers that be thinking to have her sub for Robin. GMA has lost a viewer this week because I refuse to watch anything Couric is on. Why didn't they use Elizabeth Vargas to fill-in - she's great.

Debbie

bring Robin back, I do not like Katie

Jackie

I very much prefer Robin Roberts. I sense the outrage over the Katie C. chance to pounce on somebody elses job. She is a has been, left CBS because the Boys' Club got to her, now she is just roaming without a home. You can see in her face that she is ready to sign a contract if offered and wouldn't think twice about the effect it would have if ABC did that to Robin. I like Robins person, she is genuine. Please ABC, do not make a wrong move.

Eutha

If Robin Roberts is taken off GMA. I will never watch it again. I really like Robin. Do not like Katie.

Kimster

It's hard to admit to yourself that your not as popular as U thought. Katie is always smiling & happy on the air & that rubs off on people. I would recommend putting Robin on a night time news team.

Gina

There is a reasons that us 20+ year G'MA loyalists have never been tempted by Today - Katie is one of them. She does not have the talent that Diane, Robin,, Charles, George et al have to successfully interact with the guests. She has no critical thinking skills and she may be able to memorize questions well but falls short of personality and substance. She is the annoying Kathy Lee to the funny and intelligent Kelly for Regis.

Marta

Katie is horrible, I turned off NBC and CBS for a reason. Her personality is too much. If wonderful Robin is on vacation, please anyone but Katie!!!! Elizabeth Varagas is great, an empty chair is fine too...

catherine

Katie was excellent as a fill in and everyone seem to have a good time, but I love the present great team. I do not believe that anyone "was pissed off". The present team are consummate professionals.

Danielle

I love Katie and no one can denied that she knows her job pretty well so....I would like to see her having her own show......she is a professional and no one can do it better than her....!Ann Curry is a back stabber.......!get rid of Ann....!

Marta

Oh Please get Katie off..I had to turn the TV off this week. Please Robin come back. Katie is unsufferable!

jay

I see that last post was 4 days ago but I personally do not like the style of Couric. She is obsessed with power and trys to take control of all facets of everything involving any show that she attempts to dominate. Why not a talk show?
She keeps complaining about getting up early, wake up!

annie clifford

When is Katie moving on and When is Robin coming back....no one can do her job better than her...Katie needs to go somewhere else and do something else, I miss Robin and she has got what it takes, she real, sensitive, professional,humorous, smart, down to earth and much.....miss you robin...bye Katie good luck

Jorge

Get rid of Robin I could never stand her whining and Georges gargly voice and laugh is just disgusting.

joan

CANNOT STAND Couric!!!
What a slap in the face to Robin, shame on you ABC
This week I changed to CBS to wait for Robin to come back, hope my change is not permanent.............