Shifty Shellshock

In a Coma

4/2/2012 6:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402-seth-binzer-tmz-ex
Former "Celebrity Rehab" star Shifty Shellshock is currently in a coma in an L.A. hospital -- TMZ has learned.

According to sources, the former Crazy Town singer has been in the ICU since last Thursday and is completely unresponsive. It's unclear what put him there -- but people close to him believe it was drug-related.

Shifty is scheduled to appear in court this week for a pre-trial hearing -- after his February coke arrest. We're told he was extremely anxious about the possibility of going to jail.

kat

I can't seem to like or dislike, anyone else have that issue my mouse just arrow hovers over..no hand?

Throwback kid

Dr Drew is like a Kardashian with a medical degree, he needs attention and camera time 24/7

Skeptical

How did Seth's lifelong drug addiction become Dr. Drew's fault? Are any of you aware of the rehabilitation success rate of ANY rehab/drug therapy? It is f*cking depressing, and Dr. Drew's success rate isn't the problem here. The problem is that a severe drug addict didn't commit to ANY program, and is now paying the price. Stop passing the blame. Passing the blame is how addicts continue to be addicted.

amyunplugged

Newsflash: Around 20% of addicts are successful in kicking their habit. It's rather ignorant to expect him to accomplish miracles and/or save those who are no longer able to save themselves. The truth is, there are two choices, quit or die...so expect about 80% of his patients to end up on TMZ.

jannell

When it showed him on where r they now celebrity rehab he was 9 months sober. When uchave been doing drugs for a really long time and as much as he was its very hard to stop. I just hope.its not.drug related and that some day he will be strong enough to beat the battle of addiction everyday.

WatcherOne

He's been unresponsive for 5 days. They give you 10 on life support these days, last I heard. Wake up!

X

I don't want my tax dollars paying for this guy to be in a coma! He has had a hundred chances to get clean and stay out of trouble! He ****s it up every-time!

LilVal

Sad. I saw him perform in Cancun on spring break and then met him in a bar in Minneapolis. He's a little shorty like me, very sexy. I feel sorry for his family.

S D M F

LOSER
LOSER
LOSER
LOSER
LOSER
LOSER
LOSER
LOSER

Kelly

It's Whitney's fault for introducing Shifty to drugs in the first place.

INSIDER H8TURD, V.P.

Linds wants to know if there was any leftover cocaine?

Felipe

i love how people are blaming Dr. Drew. I am an addict and I know for a fact that it isn't the Counselor that has control wether or not the patient will use again based on their treatment. its not like he's performing a heart transplant and he foolishly forgot a scalpel in shifty's chest which caused coma or death. Dr. Drew gives the tools to the patients, tells them how to use those tools then hopes that they have the willpower to follow the steps.

Uh

Another 'Dr' drew success story. I can't believe how many people still find him credible. Quack quack quack.

Felipe

how can anyone dislike my comment..its the truth. no one will stay clean unless they want to stay clean for themselves. and as long as the user points a finger and anyone but themselves for not being able to stay clean, they will never learn to use the tools given to them correctly.

OmNomMom

This is so sad. :( You people blaming Dr. Drew...ridiculous. Shifty makes his own choices. Dr. Drew can only do so much, just like any other chemical dependency doctor. They can help you detox and assist you in learning how to work the steps and give you the tools you need to make it. It's up to the person whether or not they choose to utilize those tools or not. The statistics of someone coming out of rehab and staying clean and sober are extremely low. I know this from personal experience. Praying for Shifty and his family during this difficult time. I hope he makes it out and realizes this has to be his rock-bottom...and stays clean. Drugs will take your soul and never look back.