Steve Wozniak

Ashton Kutcher Will Be GREAT

as Steve Jobs

4/3/2012 6:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402_wozniak_jobs_ashton_EX_01
Steve Wozniak is officially endorsing Ashton Kutcher to play Steve Jobs in an upcoming movie about the Apple co-founder ... telling TMZ, "I'm glad that he's onboard."

The flick -- which begins filming in May -- will reportedly chronicle Steve's journey from "wayward hippie to co-founder of Apple."

Now, Wozniak tells us, "The fear that many might have is that Ashton was selected because he's 'hot' right now. But I feel that his selection was done in the most professional manner. And I'm glad that he's onboard. I think he'll put a lot into it and that he cares about this particular subject."

Apple's employee #2 adds, "It's almost too bad that Steve Jobs is gone. His opinions and guidance, as to the story and film crew and cast would have been invaluable."

Check out Steve's entire statement after the jump ...

Steve Wozniak on Ashton Kutcher in Upcoming Steve Jobs Movie:

"There is probably little I can say, other than expressing my belief that this will be a great and popular film. I feel that Pirates of Silicon Valley was more interesting and grabbing and gets more play in schools of all levels than The Social Network. My hopes are that this film turns out as truthful and genuine as possible. I can't judge that aspect until the film is done and I see it.

As to the role of Steve Jobs I have little to say. Everyone has their own idea of who they think could play Steve the best. But when we started Apple at our young ages I decided not to put my nose and comments into every aspect of the company, like the color of boxes or the job responsibilities for a team. I would not step on the toes of people who had done these jobs for many years or decades. I would just do my engineering where I could not fail. So I look at the casting agencies and directors who are experts at casting. i trust that they considered all the relevant factors and made the best selection.

- Steve Wozniak

okerry

What about Noah Wylie? He played Jobs in "Pirates of Silicon Valley" a few years ago, and did it quite well.

ThirdFromTheLeft

Was Keanu Reeves busy?

Throwback kid

I don't think Ashton Kutcher has ever been great in anything? This guy could be the biggest dork in Hollywood. All they need now is to get Jessica Alba involved with this project and you are guaranteed to have a box office bomb at the box office

Jennifer

This is a joke.

She's baaaack

Don't like Kucher, but Steve Jobs was a very complex character and if Kucher was cast to play him in a movie I'm thinking it was not without a lot of testing. I can't imagine it, but I am curious. Could he have some hidden acting chops? SMH

Tammy

I didn't know that Ashton was "hot" right now! Colour me shocked!!

IceGypsy

Ashton has a similar hippie attitude about him, and I think he will do a great job.

Ih8Taxes

How ironic that they would have an idiot playing a genius. Asston sucks.

Elloria

I sense a LOT of jealousy here :P

vo thi quynh yen

this is bull****. Ashton is a complete *******.

ashley

Ashton is good for one thing: Looking at.

Grouchy Smurf

Woz couldn't say something negative about someone if his life depended on it. He is possibly the nicest guy on the planet. Jobs, on the other hand, was a narcissistic a-hole and Woz stood beside him despite a ton of rotten crap that Jobs did to Woz. If the truth be known, Jobs' only redeeming characteristic is that for some reason Woz was his friend.

holdyoear

Ashton is not the right person for this role. He is an ass. Who picked that douche. Noah Wyle is the right choice again to play the role. Go with AssTON and the movie will suck. He can not act. Another Jennifer Ashton: he plays the same role over and over again.

holdyoear

Ashton is not the right person for this role. He is an ass. Who picked that douche. Noah While is the right choice again to play the role. Go with AssTON and the movie will suck. He can not act. Another Jennifer Ashton: he plays the same role over and over again.

Jim in Cali

This guy can't even act. Why is he getting movie roles? Absurd

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments