Montell Jordan

This Is How

I Don't Pay My Taxes

4/8/2012 4:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Montell Jordan forgetting to pay his taxes
All the gang bangers forgetting about the drive-by isn't nearly as bad as Montell Jordan forgetting to pay his taxes ... to the tune of $627,987.06, this according to docs obtained by TMZ.

The "This Is How We Do It" star owes Uncle Sam back taxes for the years 1999-2001. According to the Federal Tax Lien filed against Jordan, the government first filed a lien against him in 2004 -- but since he still hasn't paid up, they refiled it last month.

The IRS is looking for their money ASAP and if they don't get it, they can go after his property in court.

A rep for the singer tells TMZ the government has to get their groove on before they can get paid.

(Just kidding, the rep didn't get back to us)

Cartman

Maybe he can share a cell with Wesley Snipes?

Jay W.

Montell... you have to pay Sam. Would hate to see you in a corner, shaking, in the fetal position singing
"This is how they did me."

Anonymous

This idiot doesn't realize that when you ignore your tax bill, you go to prison?

svizzy

just do it like me. move to monaco.

Spider

Exactly how much IS $627,987,06,? C'mon TMZ, proofread! I doubt very highly that he owes in excess of $627 MILLION to the IRS, although who knows with that bunch of yahoos?!

tomiko

It's funny how a TAX company is using his song for one of their commercials! lol

Marvin

Do these people not have Biz advisors?

KicksandGiggles

Darn shame the IRS will threaten you & I will daily phone calls, garnishments, jail and everything else to get a few hundred while the rich can ride for years owing hundreds of thousands. A regular person would have long been in jail by now. SO SICK OF DOUBLE STANDARDS!!!!

Ratings Needed

And another A@@.... take from the government but don't give back!

Hiawatha Henry

This man is wonderful, he and his family are gospel artists now and when you change your life and start glorifying God, that's when you start to get attacked. Your enemies multiply. He and I are facebook friends and we never spoke, not once. I heard him on the radio and he was in houston so I sent him a facebook message about a movie screening I was hosting and how most of the attendees were homeless. How they usually look forward to their snacks (little bags of chips) but I couldn't provide them that day. He didn't respond, but not only did he show up with his team but they bought the family size chips for everybody in the room and that was over 90 people! He said said words of encouragment and prayed with those that asked. He is a blessing. This is just a minor setback and it could be already taken care of. You have to take what you read with a grain of salt. Negativity and lies spread like wildfilre in print and on social networks but the truth and positivity is overlooked or not even printed. His new gospel cd is awesome. Shake Heaven is one of my favorites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKld0A6_YQo

CrazyCubana

Ironic update: H&R Block is currently using Montel's song ¨This Is How We Do It" as the soundtrack for a commercial promoting tax preparation!!

E.CROSS

MONTELL IS A GOSPEL RAPPER NOW SO THE GOV SHOULD CONSIDER THAT & CUT HIM LOOSE.MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU BRO

SheShe

this dont make since if his song is in a world national tv commercials that play all day so when yall get the truth then post and say something bout this mans business

Lovey

After reading all the comments I am seeing some angry white people. Oh my goodness! Get a grip white people, pray or sing or something to get rid of all the hostility you are displaying. Usual a good education will help with that, oh and moving out of your trailers.

Hiawatha Henry