Oprah Winfrey

Ripped By OWN Reality Star --

She FAILED Us

4/12/2012 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

041212_ryan_still0412_oprah_fault_video
Nobody watched Ryan O'Neal's reality show on the OWN network ... NOBODY ... not even Oprah Winfrey ... this according to Ryan O'Neal.

The 70-year-old Hollywood star -- who starred with his famous daughter on "Ryan and Tatum: The O'Neals" -- was out in L.A. yesterday when we asked how he felt about O's admission that she wasn't ready to launch her network.

O'Neal replied, "I wish we had known that ... she should have told us."

When we asked if he was worried that the extremely low-rated reality show would tarnish his reputation .... he simply shot back, "No because nobody saw it ... I don't know if Oprah saw it."

We're guessing there won't be a Season 2.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

JAMIE snow

WELL WHO CARES ABOUT RYAN ONEAL....I WATCHED A COUPLE AND NOT ALL THEY WHERE AWFUL AND AGAIN WHO CARES

vern dufford

For some reason this post made me want to watch"Paper Moon" really have not watched it in many years. Kind of wondered how Ryan and Tatum had aged. The movie holds up just wonderful really well done film! Ryan you look great in the film and today, in this post still Ryan! Now I going to check out "Whats Up Doc"with Barbra Streisand. I remember it as being damn good also!

Woody

I watched....loved the O'Neils.

myopinion

I watched it and LOVED it!!!! it was extremely touching and heartfelt. I hope it returns I will watch.

iChristy

I watched it :)

crystal

I watched it and learned a lot about them afterall they are human just like us with the same problems! Good luck Mr. O'Neal!

sandy

Ryan, i watched it....ur daughter is a grown brat! How do you keep your good looks ?

Sharon

I for one have had it up to my eyeballs and then-some with stupid reality shows with celebs or everyday people who think they have talent above and beyond others. It's disgusting to know how low America has stooped to get attention and make some kind of income from them, especially overpaid salaries for such BS regarding most reality shows. I am aware certain subjects are helpful to some degree for those who require such outlets but, these shows have gone beyond any "worthy help." Sure, I can simply not watch them by changing the channels or turning off the TV yet, nothing like showing the rest of the world how idiotic we can be. Isn't it bad enough our government screws us over? Jeez, we may as well bring back Romper Room since most everyone acts out of control.

aSann

I watched the reality show and looked forward to each week it was on. I've followed both their careers as far back as Peyton Place and Tatum when her acting career was launched. I'm disappointed that there won't be a Season 2. I love stories about families reconciling. We've all had baggage. To the losers that commented negative responses should look at their own lives before they judge. I don't know why Oprah pulled the show. I think she's made a few boners since she started the OWN Network. Rosie O'Connell beging the biggest mistake. She needs to stay on her meds if she wants to have a career on TV.

Em

Um... Are there no news stories anymore for TMZ cuz they keep regurgitating previous stories.

Annie

Although the "timing" was not right for this show, if one can take watching the naked truth...they would have liked this. I thought it was profound, and way above the usual OWN "fluff" shows. True, Dad was a selfish SOB...but that came out, and he tried to deal with it.

Sorry, but Oprah's interests these days lie primarily with her "black causes"...and for that reason, many of my friends are no longer following her, claiming she has become "too political"

AMERICANS come in ALL colors, Oprah.

They ALL helped you become famous!

Lynn

I watched all the shows on the OWN network here in Canada, and thought they were great, I was wishing they had done more shows, as Ryan has always been one of my favorite actors. I can imagine it is not easy to be so honest with all to see. So, sorry to hear about the prostate cancer, and we wish you well. Hopefully Ryan does not feel too bad about the relationship with his daughter, as I can say that it is not always easy dealing with your kids,but we just have to do our best.

laura

The only person who let Ryan O'Neal down is himself. The fact is, he let everybody down, his daughter who wanted nothing more then to be loved by her father,the rest of his childern, his wife Farrah who could have done so much better if she had married anybody but him! The only people who got the most out of knowing Ryan O'Neal had to be the drug dealers. He has nobody but himself to blame for anything, including his bad health! Even so, I wish him the best.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6