John Stamos

I Loved 'The Office'

Gay Joke About Me!

4/14/2012 5:54 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0414_john_stamos_video
John Stamos had nothing to do with NBC editing out a gay joke using his name in a promo for "The Office" -- in fact, Stamos says he's ready to take a steam with Ed Helms any time he wants!

As TMZ first reported, NBC aired a promo for the once-funny show in which Andy (Ed Helms) attempts to convince his girlfriend he's actually gay, saying, "I had to imagine that I was in a steam room with John Stamos."

The promo was re-cut, removing Stamos' name. The joke remained in the actual show.

When we caught up with Stamos yesterday in Hollywood, he said he had no problem with the joke or the promo and actually found it quite funny.

Come to think of it ... has John Stamos ever been mad about anything ... ever?

haskel420

so what about the PROMO.. it was in the show.. I DIDNT EVEN SEE THE PROMO BUT I WATCHED THE SHOW..

static

That show has never been funny.

Fat Mike

Stamos laughs at himself harder than anyone. He was slammed at the Bob Saget Roast, but seemed to love it.

Carol

Of course John loved the joke. It got him some attention.

stu

He is the most photogenic guy. George Clooney & he would make a cute couple.

Sandy

John Stamos is and always will be a nice guy. Still think of him as Blackie.,

Robert

Why is TMZ making a huge deal out of this? They obviously edited it out to not give away the punchline, it was the only decent joke in the whole episode so why give it away in the promo?

wow

Hope John isn't gay. I would still like him but let the fugly guys be gay.

Kelly

John Stamos has managed his career with admirable success. Normally, a minor actor/heartthrob like him would have disappeared after his big TV series "Full House", but he has worked constantly to keep his career going, doing Broadway and other brave things. It looks to me like being a good guy has paid off handsomely!

Babydoll0630

HOT...don't care. John sweeps me off my feet and lives in my dreams.

SmittenKitten

I had a dream the other night and I woke up saying "John Stamos".. seriously.. what a stupid thing to wake up saying..

Bee

He is such a likeable guy. I think every single person on the planet would like to take a steam with him!!!

noel

I think he's gay. you can tell by the shape of his mouth, alot of gays have mouths and smile like his.

And thats the truth

My best friend went to high school with John. He used to give my friends boyfriend money to take her on a date.....lol. He used to tell his friends that he was going to be famous and they laughed at him......who is laughing now......lol. My friends just attended an unofficial high school reunion and John was there. He took pics with everyone and was very nice. He is a good guy. I think he is on Broadway right now.

Superman

has John Stamos ever been mad about anything ... ever?

Wasn't he the guy that had a fling with an underage girl and she tried to "extort" money from him with pics of him with strippers and cocaine? Yeah, I would say he got pissed over that, especially if he didn't have the FBI to bail his ass out.