'Real Housewives' Producers

Hunting for Christian Women

in Kardashian Territory

4/16/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0416_calabasas
The people behind the "Real Housewives" franchise are poking around in Calabasas, CA ... searching for Christian women to star in a new reality show inspired by "GCB" ... TMZ has learned.

We've confirmed ... producers have already reached out to several members of the Calabasas elite who live in the same extremely private gated community Justin Bieber will soon call home.

We're told producers are looking for "accomplished and upscale women in the Calabasas area who have fabulous lives, are very social, are involved in the community, but also have a very deep commitment to their faith."

The community is loaded with stars ... including Travis Barker, Shanna Moakler, Gary Sinise, D.L. Hughley, Kourtney Kardashian, Keyshawn Johnson and Nikki Sixx.

So far, it's unclear if producers have reached out to the stars ... but they probably should.

Maileeann

You have got to be kidding me!! While the networks cancel good tv they think we really need more trash on tv? Reality trash is taking over and I am so sick of it. Thankfully i have satellite and can watch other shows that are made for entertaining instead of watching a bunch of ridiculous scripted women cat fighting or a disgusting scripted family(ies). When are Bravo, MTV, VH1, and E going to figure out that most people are sooooooooo sick of these idiotic shows? I know they are cheaper to produce etc. but they are just so stupid and a waste of the airwaves. I watched a few when they first came out(survivor, RHOC) but after a few episodes I got so sick of the same ole same ole. Especially when I found out that survivor wasn't what it appeared to be ( re-shooting scenes and using body doubles for some shots and then it was obvious nearly all were scripted to some degree). But the worst of them all is the RH franchise and they just keep making more of them. Or is it The Kartrashians? Makes me want to barf. Seems if you want to make a lot of money in Hollywood, now, all you have to do is display really bad behavior(make a sex tape) and they'll write you a big fat check and give you a reality show. Let's forget about talent. Just act like a fool and even you can be on TV.

2idiots

I have to LAUGH, it seems as if the stories about the Trash-Kanians are getting fewer and fewer hits. Virtually ALL the comments are negative.....AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Gerri

What are they going to call this program? The Hypocrite Housewives from the Land of Cardboard People?

Butterfly

AMAZING!!! Christianity and Kardashian in the SAME sentence???

Kay-Kay

So, Housewives franchise it appears you are just on a star search. This is an insult to woman who are truly deep in their FAITH. So, you are stating deep faith is only behind the gates where bieber lives huh? FYI there are woman through out southern Cali who stand in deep faith. Take a chance and go out behind the gate...But watch out you just might get saved FOR-REAL!!!

Mocking Bird

Super stupid. I wouldn't watch this in a million years, it would be SO ANNOYING to have all that jebus crap in a tv show. The housewives shows are already a weak plot, why add in another one?

Sydney

First off, how dare you lump talented actor Gary Sinise in the same article with all those "losers" - just because he resides within the same neighborhood???!!! Secondly, I don't know exactly when these idiotic Reality Shows first began to take over our t.v. channels, but the very last thing any of us needs to see is another idiotic reality show. I used to watch t.v. all the time, but nowadays I mostly watch my favorite shows and movies on DVD. When idiots like the Kardashians, Housewives, and others are given more attention than talented A-Listers who can actually ACT, it's time to jump the shark on the Reality Show trend. Enough is Enough!!!!!!!!!!!

alexis

Do they not know that Calabasas is like 90% JEWISH????

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4