Tupac

Rises from the Dead

... Performs at Coachella [Video]

4/16/2012 6:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1
Tupac came back to life this weekend ... as a hologram ... and it was frickin' AMAZING!!!.

Pac was resurrected for the Coachella music festival in California ... and "performed" a couple of his greatest hits ... including "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted" with Snoop Dogg.

We're told the crowd went INSANE ... especially when 2pac first appeared to the crowd ... rising up from the ground until he was standing on the stage.

The movements were remarkably lifelike ... grabbing his crotch and pointing his mic to the crowd like the good ole days.

At the end of his performance, a light shines on Pac ... and he dissipates into thin air.

Pretty insane ... especially for the "partiers" in the crowd ... who didn't realize it was a hologram.

jayman419

Everywhere this is mentioned, the first performer people say they want to see is Michael Jackson. What about Jimi Hendrix or Elvis Presley or a ton of other performers from the 60s and 70s that a lot of people still listen to but never even had a chance to see live? The Rat Pack?

Or bringing back the Grateful Dead? (They could turn into skeletons occasionally during the performance.) What about Aliyah, or Kurt Colbain, or even Pac's rival Biggie?

It seems like people are stuck on Jackson. Like a lot of people feel like he just owes them one more concert.

kronenburg

Makes me wonder if any current performers are actually holograms - Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber...

Dale

I've seen this holographic technology before. It's amazing! apparently it's even going retail! It's unbelievable what it can do. Check out holographicgreeter.com

Cassidy

This is crazy amazing! I loved it. They probably somehow programmed him to say what's up coachella right? Because in fact Tupac died in 1996 and coachella started in 1999..

himminy

wow........it's been years since i've had goosebumps for 2+ straight minutes for any reason. now follow as we ride! motha **** the rest, you wit da best from the west side!

Christina

Love it, Love it, Love it! I would have lost my mind had I been at that show and saw that in person. How incredibly cool.

robin

That was so great I can't find the words. Pac lives.

Jon

This performance gave me chills. I'm going to remember this for a long time. RIP to the G.O.A.T.

I luv u RPattz!

When is Michael Jackson going to rise from the grave? If so, he can start/complete his O2 Arena engagement. :)

anon

Cool,can they bring back Elvis Presley?

gioudis

I had the honor to see Tupac in a small venue concert, early in his career. I can only imagine how emotional it must have been for his friends to see him standing there performing after so long. The vibe was incredible.

TIFFANY

that was so awesome.. my eyes starting tearing up!! great job!!

Robert Nguyen

This is all planned hes returning in 2014 like he said in his songs before he disappeared(supposedly died), he faked his death and came back and left and we all know that

Janet