Lindsay Lohan

Instigated Hotel Fight

... Says Witness

4/20/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0419_the_standard_lilo_getty_2
Lindsay Lohan was the instigator, aggressor and drink-tosser in the fight at The Standard Hotel Wednesday night ... this according to a witness who was with the other girl involved in the altercation.

The witness tells us ... the incident began after a major misunderstanding between the two sides while they were partying at the Smoke and Mirrors nightclub inside the hotel.

We're told the girl was hanging out at the booth next to Lindsay's ... when Lohan tapped her on the shoulder aggressively and asked, "Did you bump into me?"

The girl denied the bump ... and suggested the real culprit could have been one of the guys in Lindsay's group. She then pointed to one of the men.

Lindsay replied, "That's my dad ... why would he bump me?"

The girl shot back, "You go clubbing with your dad?"

That's when Lindsay snapped ... so says the witness ... who claims Lindsay began cussing at the girl and then threw a drink at her face.

We're told Lindsay's dad realized what was happening ... grabbed his daughter ... and bailed.

Michael Lohan appeared on "TMZ Live" yesterday and adamantly denied his daughter chucked any beverage that night (below) ... claiming it was Lindsay who was the real victim and the recipient of the liquid projectile.

0420_michael_defends_lindsay
Either way, the other girl is currently weighing her legal options.

Sources close to Lindsay tell us LiLo is adamant -- her dad is telling the true story.

ilovegossip

more from Dlisted:

LiLo is such a freckled disaster that even if she did stay home, she'd still get in a drunken fight with a plastic ficus tree for looking at her sideways and trying to steal her man: a floor lamp from Pier 1.

Who writes this stuff? LOL!!!

ilovegossip

Oh geez...sorry, my computer burped!

ilovegossip

on a good note...more of helps posts disappeared, while my posts tripled! LOL!

MARGETALICA

I was no fan of Lohans untill I heard that tape her own father sold to the tabs. I thought of Judy Garland, Nat Woods and other child stars.She is very much old Hollywood.Not born into wealth , rich and out for risk. This kid has worked 20 plus years. Paris,Nicole ,Kim just started working well into their 20's while Lilo started working as a baby. Come on!

MARGETALICA

Lilo was pushed out on stage while in pampers. Paris and co started working @23

Grandma Cracker

Shall we all share a few moments of silence for HELL(p). He has gone with Izzy to the big TMZ in the sky........

Danielle

Too funny...sticks and stones can break my bones, but words will never hurt me...lindsay your suppose to have thick fake tanned tough skin by now, why let a girl piss you off with words????

MARGETALICA

I think she can revamp her career with the right people to guide her and projects that mirror her life What skill sets do people such as Kims fat rump have 0r-Paris? well Paris is Paris =no one cares? There is Nicole that gave up oxy to have a kid zzzzzzz

MARGETALICA

Lilo has a natural beauty that the others do not have.She needs to back off of the fillers,botox -go back to a deep red/brown hair color,do not tan,no crack,meth,vodka, red bull.Drink 3 8OZ of water 45 minutes before breakfast,lunch ,dinner and before bed.hER SKIN can heal.

MADISYN, LIAISON TO THE H8TURDS!!

I just got the news, via email . Yippee ki-yay, motherfvcker. Like GC said, one down, one to go!

MARGETALICA

the water cure =TWC 45 MINUTES before B L D BED.SIMPLE. GET GOING LOHAN!

MARGETALICA

NEWS FLASH LILO IS NOT THE ONLY ACTRESS STRUNG OUT ON COKE. GHEESH!

Danielle

401. MARGETALICA: about a minute ago

Does her natural beauty you speak of include fake hair color, extensions, fake eyelashes, fake lips, fake TEETH, ridiculous make up and lets not forget the frankenstein forehead and frankenstein heels she dons.

LLsez

Less than two years removed from Lohan's most recent visit to rehab, Lauer asked she could still enjoy going to clubs without surrendering to temptation.

"I don't. I mean, I prob—I could, but I don't. That's not my thing anymore. I went out, actually, about 8 times in the last 2 weeks with a friend and with my father. And I was so uncomfortable. Not because I felt tempted, just because it was just the same thing that it always was before-- getting into fights, throwing drinks at strangers, sideswiping cars on my way in, and lying about ever being there.  And it just wasn't fun for me.   I've become more of a homebody again.  And I like that."

reddancergal

Coachella seems like a fab place. So what brings Lindsay into such a vile mood after visiting a place so nice?