Fired 'Top Model' Judge

Good Luck Replacing Me

4/20/2012 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0420_nigel_barker
Freshly-fired "America's Next Top Model" judge Nigel Barker tells TMZ, the show's in for a rude awakening now that he's been canned ... because his shoes will be INCREDIBLY difficult to fill.

Nigel tells us, "Good luck to whoever [replaces me]. I would imagine it's a tricky thing to replace someone who's going on their 19th season."

As for why Nigel believes he got the boot -- he tells us, the network is bent on completely revamping the show ... after record low ratings the last two seasons.

But he adds, "Who knows if this is going to work? I don't necessarily think it's a good idea ... Maybe it will work. Maybe it won't. I wish them luck."

Tyra Banks announced this morning ... the CW would not be renewing Nigel's contract for the show's next season. Two other famed "Top Model" personalities -- Jay Manuel and J. Alexander -- were also fired.

0420_top_model_winners_now_footer

T.Lovin

Why still call it ANTM? It's a whole new show now!!

Jo

Wow nobody will watch it now at all. Only reason people just about tuned in in the last couple of years was because of the same guys the fired. Now there deffo ****ed.

Angel

Well I will no longer be watching this show. I have watched it for several seasons but now that everyone I love is leaving so am I. Bad decision on their part thats for sure!

BrAnBa

I am not in US, so we´re probably a couple of years behind with the show. But the reason I watched it is because of Nigel and Jay - professional guys, giving the girls the best support and help they can get. NOT the sticky-fluffy-overinflated "Give-me-a-hug!!" person leading the show. What will happen to the girls now when their down-to-earth mentors disappear?

Jackie

Tyra she's a douche bag. pfft!

Kathy

You know the black bitch Tyra had a hand in this. People like Nigel, Jay and J better than Tyra. This is her show and she runs its. If you do not kiss her ass you are out.

Linda Berges

You call yourself a Harvard Grad Tyra? Worst business move ever. They should get rid of you. ANTM has gotten so silly & stupid with what you call your sense of humor. Your skits are not funny & they haven't been for years. Be a silent partner PLEASE. This is the beginning of the end. Also some friend you are Nigel, Jay & Miss Jay MAKE that show. You ruined it. I think its time to hang-up your Louboutons.

JustJenna

No more Nigel? No more me. Bye Top Model, you're done.

lanie

Oh damn! I really like Nigel Barker - he was one of my favorites...and also Jay Manuel. Manuel was AWESOME.

I never cared much for J Alexander,so no biggie on that.

I rarely watch the show anymore though. It is clear they send home good ones in order to keep the drama alive.

Worst winners: Jaslene (get real?) and Eva.... and Lisa D'Amato..

AnnaB

That was a stupid move. A lot of people like the personalities they just fired better than the show. They better come up with their own show or something.

ama

I don't think the problem is with Nigel, Ms or Mr Jay the problem is with Tyra. Sorry! But some of the things she does or has her models do are so cheesy they're difficult to watch. It alienates viewers and it's hard to take the show seriously.

Starr

The Judges arent the reason why people stopped watching Top Model. There are only so many ways to sing "Mirror, Mirror on the wall..." Fact is, Tyra wants to be the prettiest of them all and the show is well past its prime. Time to move on and get back to trying to fix that typeF MESS on youtube. Remember that Tyra?

snowcat

What a mistake!!! The low rating are not do to Jay Manual,Nigel Barker or Miss J....it's the boring ass contestants that have been on the past few seasons.I think Tyra will learn this was a mistake when her show is cancelled anyway....

Seldombinlaid

Wife said this show will now do what Tyras talk show did.

Wendy

Are they freakin' serious? She fired them ALL? She is a dumb ass! I will NOT watch anymore! And the way she has changed itthe format, I have lost a lot of interest anyway. Without them, won't watch. Tyra, get off the drugs!