Demi Lovato

Nightclub Promoters

Lured Me with Free Drugs

4/23/2012 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0423_demi_lavato_drug_use
Rehabbed Disney queen Demi Lovato says ... she was often seduced into going into fancy nightclubs and high profile restaurants because promoters gave her free drugs and booze.

Lovato finally opened up about her dangerous partying habits to U.K.'s "Fabulous" magazine ... strongly suggesting she was using drugs before entering rehab in 2010.

Lovato never admits to using a specific drug ... but when asked about the rumors of her cocaine use she replied, "I would come off stage in front of 18,000 people and suddenly be alone in a hotel room. I'd come crashing down and would try to find a way to recreate that feeling, to stay 'up'."

The 19-year-old also says it was easy to get her hands on illegal substances ... saying, "Promoters gave me drugs and alcohol in restaurants or clubs. They wanted me to come back so I would be seen there. They were basically kissing my ass."

"I thought they were my friends. I thought I was having fun."

Lovato completed treatment for bulimia, depression and self-mutilation in 2011 ... and says she now understands how lucky she is to have survived her darkest period.

"Being a celebrity can be dangerous. Nobody says 'no'. That's why so many end up overdosing and dying. It could definitely have happened to me."

anon.

Talk about passing the buck and blaming others for her mistakes.

Sunset Strip Dealer

Never heard of this dumb bitch, must be an electronic talker.

Good riddance!

The promoters just told her to ask for the 'Lowhan Special' at the door.

wingfreak

Man those Disney stars really do well after their teen days are over huh?

wally

that's where she got the name of "BACK DOOR DEMI,ALL WAY OPEN"

jojovich

We all know that drugs are bad for you, we all know drinking in excess is bad for you, we all know if you step in front of a speeding train you are going to get killed... just because someone offers you something, doesn't mean you have to take it. No one takes responsibility for their own decisions anymore. I can see these young stars getting caught up in their own hype, but at the end of the day, self control and making good decisions is to you. Everyone just blames everyone else these days... own up to your mistakes and bad decisions, learn from them and move on..stop dwelling and talking about it. Just my opinion.

ShrinkWrap

The classic "they made me do it!" Nobody made her do anything. She was a willing participant. Sweetie, if you want to point fingers at who made you an addict, make sure you're standing in front of a mirror when you're pointing.

TiltDogg

Oh, whatever... like you didn't WANT the drugs. Shut up and go cut yourself after you don't eat.

Rebecca

I can't understand why they would give her anything to be seen at their club...nobody even knows who she is....

KicksandGiggles

Please tell this little troll to STFU and take responsibility for her own choices. Plain. Simple.

Muppet

She was young and impressionable and I find it sickening to hear that these places are pushing this at people at such a young age to boot! Yes it is her responsibility as well but the clubs that are doing this should be kicked in the a$$ as well! I for one am happy that she now realises these people are NOT her friends. If only others could get well and learn the same!

outofmyelement

Right about now Justin Bieber is thinking about getting tested for aids

just_sayin'

She's not that big of a star that people are waiting in line to be in the same club as her. She chose to take the drugs so she's the only one to blame.

Joe

Another "It's not my fault" defense from an immature and irresponsible celebrity (I guess she's a celebrity).

charley

What the phk....bitch blaming others for her drug use.....HEY DISNEY WHORE....EVER THINK OF JUST SAYING NO THANKS.......BITCH YOU CHOSE TO DO EM....THEY WERENT KISSING YOUR ASS......THEY WERE USING YOUR DRUG ADDICTEION TO GET WHAT THEY WANTED FROM THEM.....EVER HEAR OF COKE WHORE...CAUSE THAT SOUNDS LIKE WHAT U WERE!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments