Demi Lovato

Nightclub Promoters

Lured Me with Free Drugs

4/23/2012 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0423_demi_lavato_drug_use
Rehabbed Disney queen Demi Lovato says ... she was often seduced into going into fancy nightclubs and high profile restaurants because promoters gave her free drugs and booze.

Lovato finally opened up about her dangerous partying habits to U.K.'s "Fabulous" magazine ... strongly suggesting she was using drugs before entering rehab in 2010.

Lovato never admits to using a specific drug ... but when asked about the rumors of her cocaine use she replied, "I would come off stage in front of 18,000 people and suddenly be alone in a hotel room. I'd come crashing down and would try to find a way to recreate that feeling, to stay 'up'."

The 19-year-old also says it was easy to get her hands on illegal substances ... saying, "Promoters gave me drugs and alcohol in restaurants or clubs. They wanted me to come back so I would be seen there. They were basically kissing my ass."

"I thought they were my friends. I thought I was having fun."

Lovato completed treatment for bulimia, depression and self-mutilation in 2011 ... and says she now understands how lucky she is to have survived her darkest period.

"Being a celebrity can be dangerous. Nobody says 'no'. That's why so many end up overdosing and dying. It could definitely have happened to me."

jojovich

@JoeChief... I beg to differ..without resorting to name calling as you have, I know much more about "addiction" then I care to post. In my NA class, the first thing they taught us is to own up and be accountable. "Passing the Buck" is not an option. I don't know anything about this chick, seems you know way too much so either you don't have your own life, or you just troll on here choosing who to slam. As you can see... EVERY post on here is saying the same thing but for some reason you chose me to take issue with. So go outside and play now, because from your response, it appears you are just a kid who doesn't really know what he is talking about and just likes to call people silly names.

Sincerity

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really don't understand all the "HATE" being posted against this young woman. She's only stating an "UGLY" reality about the entertainment business, in general. Quite frankly, some of these club owners and managers should have been prosecuted. All of this began while she was an "under aged" minor. It's a "SIN AND A SHAME" her handlers allowed her to be exposed to such CALLOUS OPPORTUNISTS. If those who were closest to her would have "STEPPED UP" and steered her away from these "unhealthy" influences, things may have turned out differently for Demi Lovato. She's not the first nor the last child star to develop an addiction due to her exposure to the "WRONG" people. Drew Barrymore had some interesting things to say about some parties she attended while in her preteens. I suspect that Brittany Spears has some "interesting" tales to tell, too!!! Tatum O'Neal has been battling addiction problems for years. Want to bet they started while she was a "MINOR"!!! Teenagers are always eager to "fit in" with adults at any costs. It could happen to "ANYBODY"!!!

peachpie

She said they were kissing her azz. I think she is confused about who was doing the azz kissing. Bought and sold for a 8 ball. Social Services should pay disney a visit. Too many young people comming out with problems.

Sunset

"Nightclub promoters lured me with free drugs"....and I took them and ate em' all up! Yum yummy yum yum.

bluzzone

Free drugs??? Total stupidity.They are never free.The consequences come with a price.

Mary

Don't let Lindsay Lohan know that, she will want names and the clubs where she can get the free drugs.

pancake

A good example for kids is Taylor Swift shes clean pretty young well manner her music is annoying as **** but her only addiction is d!ck

elizabeth

OK this chick has got to stop I felt for her with the whole eating disorder and the cutting thing. But now this she needs to stop it is like she wants attention and for people to feel sorry for her. I mean it's ok to share things about your life but enough is enough.

RC

The only person that thinks Demi Lovato is still relevant - is Demi herself. No one else cares.

Her only talent is the inability to take any responsibility for her actions.

She needs to go away now.

frnacisco 2010

bull **** if someone offers you drugs and you don't want to take them you call police and problem resolved.if you take drugs is beacause you want to take them.it's very easy blame others for your mistakes.

Someone's goldfish

Mama don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys or Disney stars.

Peter Sc

Where were her parents? If my daughter was 16 having her own career there would be an adult member of the family with her on every single job!

Here kids can drink alcohol when they turn 16 and almost everyone does. However they all know that work and drinking doesn't mix well and when things aren't illegal they don't overdo it.

But that kind of work requires adult supervision and she was failed in that direction.

NoBozo

Was she raised on an island. While explaining the birds and bees didn't her parents explain "oh, and drugs are bad for you and drinking before you are 21 is illegal". This bimbo is another in the long line of Hollywood kiddies who think their early success makes them above the rules for the rest of the world. She's one "stupid girl" to quote the Rolling Stones.

Stacey

Omg! I'm Sick of this dumb b*$#*! She's a dumb fat girl who keeps trying to make herself seem like a victim of her environmennt! she needs to take credit for the fact that shes a fat girl with an eating disorder who likes to party, drink, and do coke. Seventeen mag makes her out to be this role model even though shes a screw up druggie w*&$! if thats was my daughter id beat some good sense into her and teach her to take responsibility for her own stupid actions instead of blaming the world

jaysamuelli

she needs to take responsibility for herself

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3