Jason Trawick

Officially Britney's

New Caretaker

4/25/2012 3:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0425-britney-spears-jason-trawick-getty
Britney Spears
' fiance Jason Trawick is officially the singer's newest conservator -- the judge in her conservatorship case just signed off on giving him legal power to govern Britney's affairs.

TMZ broke the story ... Britney's dad and conservator Jamie Spears filed the petition earlier this month, asking the court to add Jason as a co-conservator. We're told Britney also wanted Jason on board as co-conservator.

After the hearing, we overhead the lawyers say Jamie is "thrilled."

The move makes total sense ... considering the two are set to be married.

As co-conservator, Jason is now empowered to help decide how Britney will earn and spend her money -- including the $15 million deal she's about to sign with "X Factor."

Bones

Can u guys please fire the black girl?? She try's to hard

James

And to monitor her lithium level.

R

If this girl is not healthy enough to handle her own money, then she is CERTAINLY not healthy enough to be entering into marriage. One thing is for sure, she has no sense of self. I feel really sorry for her.

Tracy

I think at this point shes well enough to be her own boss. This has gone on to long

bring back recent posts

..Britney is kept away from the demons now..I just hope she is HAPPY inside...she deserves it..then nothing else matters!

buzz kill

I wish I could find a rich bit*h nutjob to ply conservator for.

buzz kill

Isn't she kind of old to have a baby sitter?

cairoroo

Oh Britney. :( I feel so bad for her. She's not one of these drugged out young Hollywood girls but she's truly sick. If she can't take care of herself, Im not sure she should be getting married. Hopefully she will find some happiness.

amazinglybored

To be perfectly honest, this does creep me out but I think there are points being ignored. I don't think that even now she is completely functional, and I think that she likes the current setup of less responsibility. It's not like she doesn't have a team of people invested in her being safe and let's be real there's going to be an ironclad prenup. The court also still will have to approve the legal and financial actions too.

It's not ideal or the healthiest of situations, but I do think that it's less disturbing than most people are making it out to be. But that's just my opinion.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

This is the perfect setup for an abusive marriage, a Lifetime movie in the making. Lindsay can play Britney and somebody who looks like Billy Bob Thornton can play Jason.

Keksi

Correction,that is Illuminati handler.

Jody

There must be something really mentally wrong with Britney if she still can't look after her own life and money.

kim is a publicity whore

i find it extremely strange that Britney is CONTROLLED this much. It says a lot about the industry and how they handle these people. Poor Britney.

Veritatis Amans

Just plain creepy; like "Yellow Wallpaper" creepy.

Bridgette

This makes me so sick the way she's nothing more than a cash cow for everyone around her. It seems like Britney's problems are caused because of the people around her forcing her to do things. They make her crazy, then make claims so they can have even more power. In turn, making her even crazier. I have a feeling they forget that Brit is a human being, not a money making machine.