Michael Jackson

Black Surgical Mask Fetching

Over $20,000 at Auction

4/26/2012 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0425_michael_jackson_mask
A black surgical mask that Michael Jackson allegedly wore the night before he died in 2009 has hit the auction block -- and the bids have already surpassed $20,000.

According to the auction house -- Nate D. Sanders Auctions -- MJ wore the mask (above) while rehearsing for his "This Is It" concert tour on June 24th, 2009 ... the singer's last ever rehearsal.

The auction house claims the mask  -- made of silk fabric, personally designed by the King of Pop -- contains visible traces of MJ's stage make-up along with a strand of his black hair.

One of MJ's former bodyguards was in possession of the mask, and swears by its authenticity. MJ famously wore surgical masks outdoors as a form of disguise.

0425_michael_jackson_kids2
The auction ends April 30th -- and bidding has already reached $21,190. The auction house estimates the mask will sell for $50,000-$150,000.

Nat

People have completely lost their minds. That money could help a family from starving, it could educate someone, it could help fund a shelter. A mask...really!?!

Bird

He didn't so much wear the masks as a disguise, he wore them to cover up the monstrosity that was his face. You know how in 'The Phantom of The Opera" the guy wears a mask to cover the messed up side of his face? That's what MJ was doing, except he was trying to hide the sh_tty plastic surgery and his falling-off nose.

Marvin

That is sooooo ICK.

who dat

Bet there are about 10 dozen masks. On a side note this site has gone to schit

oh really

How did he manage to get "in Possession" of the mask , while he was an employee of Mr Jackson?
Is he saying it was a gift from the man to him on the last day of his life .
Or did he just grab it while he was performing his duties as a security guard.
Wonder if he got his wallet too on the way out the door..

I have never heard of someone being constantly surrounded by greed the way Michael Jackson was..and he was such a charitable person..its just sad

I Was About To Say

I LOVE YOU MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON!! I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU AND SO DO ALL THE ZILLIONS OF FANS THAT YOU HAVE ALL AROUND THE WORLD. I laugh at all who spew hate against MJ because they keep showing their jealousy, LOL

I Was About To Say

You can't believe it, you can't conceive it
and you can't touch me, 'cause I'm untouchable
and I know you hate it, and you can't take it
You'll never break me, 'cause I'm unbreakable!!

I Was About To Say

@jokerchick, funny you say that and all you are doing is sitting at your computer posting a hate comment, guess you need a hobbie unless..that's it, LOL!

PathFinder

Given the chance, every MJ hater here would have jumped on the MJ train, if they could have. Envy is painful.

Woot

A strand of his hair? Since he wore wigs, that strand is not biologically his, but he certainly owned it.

nan

Looks like just about everybody thought of MJ as a cash cow.
Why would an employee of his be in possession of this mask anyway? Is he saying it was a gift that MJ gave him on the last day of his life or did he just take it in the moment of chaos..
I wonder if he grabbed his wallet too..:((

Poor Michael, I have never heard of so many people who would do or say anything to get cash off this guy.
And he was such a charitable person

I Was About To Say

HAHAHAHA MORE JEALOUSY, ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

I Was About To Say