Tyler Perry

Madea's Studio Up in Flames

5/2/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0501_tyler_perry_studio_burning_fire
Tyler Perry's kingdom is on fire -- and not in a good way ... the Atlanta studio complex where his popular "Madea" movies are shot caught fire Tuesday night.

According to reports, the three-alarm blaze broke out at Tyler Perry studios shortly before 9PM ET -- and one building had partially collapsed.

The studio sits on 60 acres of land and includes five soundstages, a backlot ... as well as Perry's offices.

There were no immediate reports of injuries, and it's unclear what started the fire.

Studio belonging to Tyler Perry caught fire.
update_bar
9:30 PM PST -- The Atlanta Fire Rescue Department just released a statement, claiming the fire was brought under control around 9:45 PM EST ... just an hour after firefighters arrived.

According to the statement, the blaze was so severe a fourth alarm had to be called.

Thankfully, no injuries were reported. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.

ShrinkWrap

I don't care for his movies or him much for that matter, but I feel horrible for him. This has to be devastating. Thank God nobody was hurt. You can rebuild a studio, but you cannot replace a lost life.

JimmydeansausageCo.

Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

who cares

To fing bad, he is a fing loser anyways.... I bet he had it lit on fire as he was losing his azz off!

AnnaR

Well the main thing is no one was hurt. Things can be replaced. I’m sure once the dust settles they can rebuild. As for the ignorant and disgusting comments I’ve read on here – shame on all of you sad little creatures.

a.y.harrison

This seems real strange to me, I smell Atlantic police station and hollywood all over this one. All of you racist that write your comments need to keep them to yourselves. This is a racist country, because the whiteman thinks he's better than anyone else. That's a fact. Newsflash, you're not, you are just a piece of white trash.

Michelle

It didn't burn down, it was just one buliding. Calm down with the exaggerations.

Will

Lord have mercy on people's souls. Even if Tyler Perry was gay, that would have nothing to do with his studio burning. Hell as far as hollywood goes, it is and always has been thoroughly saturated with homosexuals in front of the camera, behind the camera, the writing and directing. I don't know for certain that TP is gay but if he is, so what? Besides, TP is gonna be ok and rich regardless. You jealous?

kim

Read all the racist remarks ... NO ONE played the race card just read the comments people it's not a race card but the truth about how you really fill.Evil.

katherine Moore

who are all these ass wipes making comments about Tyler Perry? For real! seriously? Most of the people making these negative comments wish they had a studio to film movies, wish they had Tyler Perry's wealth, wish they had one ounce of creativity this man has!! To all you haters you broke down no money having sorry excuse of a human being!! Why not write about all the white racist kkk that live in Atlanta....I love Tyler Perry's work, he built his empire from the ground up!! Do you really think your racist, nasty remarks are going to make or break Mr. Perry's day? You Fool! Go talk to a psychologist about the fact that you are a jealous individual and you hate to see people make it!!! ASS WIPES!

messygirl

It's a sign from the universe and/or God. "Stop making crappy movies and TV shows!"

G.

Must of been Spike Lee!

Joao

I don't put anything past that sissy.

Jah36

Tyler Perry is a racist POS! Everything that doesn't go your way, is not because you're black. Mmmmkay??

katrina w

I love his movies and I hate to hear that happened I pray that it is fixed so the plays and movies can go on

ShanniePooh

Tyler Perry is a very talented man. Whether he is gay, straight, or undecided it doesen't matter. He is richer than a lot of us would ever hope to be. I hope he gets this issue straightened out soon. I really enjoy his movies.