Amber Portwood

Back to Jail

5/11/2012 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0511_amber_portwood_01"Teen Mom" star Amber Portwood is back in an Indiana jail cell ... after prosecutors claimed she LIED about having a medical condition to get out of her weekly drug court appointment.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Portwood was a no-show at drug court last week ... after telling officials she was on doctor-ordered bed rest following laparoscopic gallbladder surgery.  Our sources say Amber's attorney told the court she was ordered to remain in bed for 2-3 weeks.

But here's the rub -- we're told Amber's case manager didn't want to take Amber's word for it ... and spoke to the doctor directly ... who called B.S. on the reality star and insisted she WAS well enough to attend her court obligations.

Amber was immediately hauled back to jail for missing the appointment -- and we're told she's expected to stay behind bars for a couple of weeks ... until a judge decides what to do with her.

0117_teen_mom_mugshot_footer_v2

Toilethead

Good! Will you please forget about that trailer trash now?

parlayer

the claps perhaps!!

brianjones0069

Amber your crackpipe wants you to come home!

Kari

I had that surgery--it takes a little time to heal, but absolutely no bed rest was involved.

O_o

might as well set her up for the long term. this is where she's gonna end up anyway.

lowens1975

I only come in here to ask one thing...WHY is this relevant? An female who has a child out of wedlock, busted for drugs and on probation...why is this on TV and considered 'entertainment'? It's an epic fail on her part and she get's paid by a television company to let them film it for her.

Paul

Couldn't have happened to a nicer gal.

OzZy

Why are her eyebrows only 1 inch long? Sooooo stupid.

shawn

The real B.S. here is the court system in Anderson. Amber was told both by her doctor and the court system that she could have time off of testing because of her surgery. She was not out doing other things during this time...she was at home doing what she was supposed to be doing. I find it sad that Amber is back in jail right now for doing what she was told to do by the judge and her doctor yet there is still a prosecutor there in Anderson who was caught smoking CRACK and the judge let him off basically with a warning because she is still practicing law. The court system in Anderson is completely corrupt. Some might think that I am just making excuses for Amber. Well I would like to assure you that this time I am not...She is really get screwed over by the court system. This time she really did nothing wrong and did exactly what she was told to do.

bbnx

Hillbilly, white trash, trailer ho.....

Ryder702

Poor kid having to deal w/ a ignorant liar of a mother grow the f!#* up for your kids sake you stupid ignorant b!#* and quit making your kid suffer.

MJ

I had that surgery and went to my son's graduation the next day! I was sore, but how stupid did she think the authorities are...2 -3 weeks recovery, hah!

ValVal

I'm still wondering why MTV is still called... well MTV. Promoting **** like this.

steverino

She is fugly. Boyfriend too. I have no idea where they live, but my guess is that they are southern inbred white trash

kelli