Demi Lovato

Signs On

To Judge 'X Factor'

5/13/2012 6:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0423_demi_lavato_drug_useDemi Lovato has officially signed her deal and will be a judge on the next season of "The X Factor" ... TMZ has learned.

According to our sources, Demi will be in NYC tomorrow for the FOX Upfronts to announce her joining the show.

Demi is scheduled to tour this summer, but our sources say her "X Factor" schedule shouldn't interfere with her touring.

Lovato should have company tomorrow ... as TMZ previously reported, our sources say Britney Spears will be in NYC to announce she's joining the show as well.

0514_demi_lovato_footer

campy

I'd give 'ol Demi some penei.

janet

Simon Cowell is first and foremost a businessman. Money. Couldn't care about anything else. Profit.

He knows what will bring in ratings which is the money. Cowell is doing nothing new. He's going for the pre-teens, and teens. That's where the money always is. Nothing new.

Britney Spears who really can't sing, does not play an instament, ok on the dancing but that's it. Spears was very promoted and very hyped and she made alot of money quick and burned out just as quick. Over 10 years later of her doing nothing Spears is going to be a judge? Hey, she's getting $15 million. Go figure.

Redskin_Chick

I know of Demi, but have no clue about her. I've always liked Britney and glad she has got her sh_t together. With these 2 girls judging It would make me watch, I wish them the best of luck. I love Simon, but I think that Simon's honesty/"sometimes nastiness" towards some contestants will have Britney crying, cause she's such a sweet girl. I only watched a couple of shows of the X-Factor last season, bringin in Demi and Britney will have my interest.

David

I seriously can't wait till she proves al of ye haters wrong and shows what a nice person she really is.Everybody hating on her probably only heard about a trip to rehab and have only judged her on that single one thing and that's there loss if they want to be that clueless as to who Demi is and what she stands for.Demi lovato has also achieved more than people think and she's only young the obvious factwhich people keep forgetting.She will do a great job and when her act wins the final I would love to see the embarrassment on all your faces as what you're saying about her is heartless

Areader

It's clear Simon hasn't learned a lesson from last season's ass kickin' X Factor took in the ratings!

Demi Lovato is not nearly accomplished enough to sit on the judging panel. Simon has signed her because she's current.

Had Simon wanted someone on the judging panel with real artistic worth he would of signed 10-time Grammy Award winner Chaka Khan!

The entire judging panel's opinions are worthless as the producers call the shots.

janet

Britney Spears, was hyped and promoted to the hilt. A couple of cutsy songs that kids and teens liked. She was popular with that age group.When all the hype and promoting stopped Spears didn't and doesn't have the talent to do it on her own. Now she is going to be a judge of talent? Please.

Sit down on a stool with a mic. and sing. Chances are they can't. Without all the sound electronics, band, backup singers, dancers, pyro-technics, strobe lighting, bad lip-syncing and thats just on a TV stage.

No actual talent. Yet they are going to judge?

Pondscum

Another train wreck, awesome! Who's the genius picking these losers? If they want to torpedo the show, there doing a great job. She will get halfway through the season, and will either leave , or be replaced for 'personal reasons'! Reality television blows, and Hollywood is out of idea's. All they can do is remake, or 'reimagine' old hits...Hollywood is stale!!!

demiforever

you all are such a dorks!! she is an awesome singer and actress and if she's gone to rehab this doesn't mean she is not able to be a judge!! she help milion of teens by telling her story and she also will be such a model for all the teens that will compete in the show!! and guess what she will be a judge and if she was chosen this mean that she deserves it!! finally the true talent will be known!!

Bug

Hiss...Lavato turns me way off so she better be brilliant. I don't think she can pull it off for me, a dedicated viewer. Too bad, I will be looking elsewhere for intertainment. What happen Simon, unable to get the "A" listers?

thestupid

Who the **** is Demi Lovato!?!
First Spears who is highly medicated and now some chick I never heard of. I will NOT be watching X Factor.

lanie

This chick is a kid. She hasn't had a career yet - no one over 23 knew who she was until she hit a girl and it was revealed she was another Disney nutjob who is a drugged up, raging psycho.

Why the h3ll did they pick her? Give me a freaking break.. Simon, LA Reid and Britney must cost so much $$$ that they needed someone who would do the job for a fraction of the cost, because this girl is a NOBODY.

keketwivato

Don't hate on Demi because the people you admire aren't even close to a flawless as her

LOVATIC

HEY PATHETIC HATERS, IF YOU DON'T LIKE/WANT DEMI TO JUDGE ON X FACTOR, THEN DON'T WATCH IT BITCHES! STOP THE HATE! SHE'S A BETTER PERSON THAN Y'ALL!

moose with a J

Who is this?

lalallu

lol at people saying demi was no druggie she was a cokehead she admitted it remember?