Van Halen

We're Just Burned Out

5/18/2012 12:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0518_eddie_alex_wolfgang_van_halen_getty
Even rockstars can get tired ... and TMZ has learned that's exactly why Van Halen decided to postpone 31 upcoming concert dates.

Sources close to the band tell us ... the guys felt like the current schedule was "too much, too fast" ... and they were "losing their focus."

One source tells us, "They're simply burned out" ... adding, "They want to make sure their concerts are not a routine ... they want every performance to be special."

We're told the guys want to take some time to "re-charge their engines" ... so they can rock all 31 cities the way Van Halen fans expect to be rocked.

As for rumors that Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth are feuding ... we're told "It's total B.S."

Keith

I don't believe that they are feuding. At their advanced age they have a better perspective on life and must realize this is one of the last big pay days for them. Could well be they are burned out or poor ticket sales (although hard to imagine for such an iconic act). I guess time will tell

Misha

WOW...I looked at this pic and said to myself "Who's that old guy on the left?" And then realized it was David Lee Roth...Woops!

Larry

The fact is, under almost any cir***stances and personnel, they can never seem to keep it together. We are fast approaching an era where they will no longer have an audience to play to. What is next? 'Wolfgang Plays Van Halen's Greatest Hits in Las Vegas?..when the old farts are gone?

Mels

F* Van Halen! I saw them in Feburary paid $100 for crappy seats. They weren't tryna put on a good show, they were using us as a practice audience. DLR kept talking to the video director from the stage and the vocal mix was way off. I used to love them but now I think they're just a bunch of cash whores. Lazy ass muthas, buh-bye!

bluzzone

Their old.They need a rest.

Sharfin

Its because they didnt sell enough tickets. Why would Van Halen sign up to tour with Kool and the Gang. Really!! Those are just two complete different kinds of crowds.

Silly G

Silly G

I'm glad I saw their opening concert in Louisville, I thought something like this would happen. BTW, they were awesome!

Tracey

Doesn't this always happen when they bring David lee back in the mix. BRING BACK SAMMY!

Bizz

tired from what? sitting in their mansions doing nothing for the last 3 years?

self-employed

I have seen Van Halen four times-three with Sammy and one time with Gary Cherone, which was horrible. As far as I am concerned, Van Halen will never get their act together. Too many dramas and addictions. Eddie is a brilliant guitarist but totally wasted and impossible to get along with. I feel sorry for Wolfie having to put up with such a jerk for a Dad. I briefly considered getting tickets to the Columbus show but had second thoughts knowing that they would cancel out. It was inevitable.

Jay Bricker

are you people buying this? Tired already? they've only done about 30 shows as far as I can tell that's 10 a month. You believe they'll magically have the energy for 2 years. As far as youtube and reviews-all I see is that DLR is limping around the stage and his singing is lazy, (read the reviews from all the past shows) Ed, Al and even Wolf are getting nothing but praise. I would love to see the mighty VH. I'm remembering a time when Dave's "press releases" came with a gaggle of beautiful women, not looking like a farmer in the backwoods-

Jay Bricker