Will Smith

ATTACKS Kissy Reporter

5/18/2012 12:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0_c8lrhloj_0_n7c4zbbm
Will Smith just slapped a Ukrainian reporter across the face at the Moscow premiere of "Men in Black 3" -- and it was all caught on tape.

The Ukrainian reporter tries to kiss Will on the lips on the red carpet and the actor angrily pushes him away and then backhands him across the face.

You can clearly see that Will is incredibly pissed that the guy showed overt affection toward him.

After Will slaps the guy, Will says, "He's lucky I didn't sucker punch him."

We're told the dude who kissed Will is a television reporter who often kisses celebrities -- it's his schtick.

For the record, Will just came out in support of gay marriage.

A source on scene tells TMZ, the reporter's mouth brushed up against Will's and that's why the actor reacted so violently. Despite the incident, Will stayed positive ... and happily continued to sign autographs for fans and do red carpet interviews.

karan

Wow! Is that what you call ATTACK? And I can see how Will VIOLENTLY REACTED.
How dare he. He was like an out of control animal wasn't he? OMGosh he should be locked up. Violently Attacked my butt.

Serita A Dillard

THIS WAS NOT A HOLY KISS,TRYING TO RUION MR WILL SMITHS REPUTATION! HE IS GENUINE

Serita A Dillard

THIS IS CERTAINLY NOT A HOLY KISS, THE MAN IS PUTTING HIS MOUTH WHERE THE MONEY IS, OR TRYING TO RUIN THE REPUTATION OF MR WILL SMITH, WHO IS GENUINELY HAPPILY MARRIED! AS THE LATE GODFATHER OF SOUL SAID AND SANG "POPPA DON`T TAKE NO MESS!,NEITHER DOES WILL" SMITH, HE SHOULD OF LANDED HIM; YES I BELIEVE IN THE TRUE MASTER,BUT RADICULOUS! WHERE IS HIS BODY GUARDS ? NEED TO TRAIN SOME THESE WOMEN TO PROTECT HIM! JADA!

baba

He didn't even slap the man, I understand he was shocked by the reaction and this is a self defense reaction...
And will should complaint for this because he was abuse ... he wanted to be polite but was abuse and who know if the journalist was not send to to the same work we did to the president of the word bank.

whoknew

Nice to know HITTING is how Will Smith handles a perceived problem. I hope he teaches his sons better, or we will see them end up like Chris Brown. Violence of any kind shouldn't be ok. I've never seen Eminem hit anyone. Just saying.

d0na7d

Question to TMZ about the reporter's "schtick" - is it to kiss celebs ON THE MOUTH or just kiss them European style (on each cheek)? TMZ, can you clarify? Thanks.

Cory

I did love will smith, think now is a little arrogant! He was in Russia the culture is different and kissing the cheek is might be their normal. Maybe the reporter was to affectionate, but it was the cheek, give me a break. Felt bad for reporter, and embarrassed for Will Smith, especially comments after the bitch slap. He should apologize.

DJACKSON

I WOULDVE SLAPPED HIM A LITTLE HARDER.... i WOULD HAVE STRUCK BLOOD....

Shalea

I believe that it might have been a slight msunderstanding on the part of Will Smith, When in A foriegn country they might have many different types of customs ans perhaps the reporter was showinh him "love" they way that they do it in that country...The repsorter looked a bit nervous and I think that he meet to kiss him on the cheeks...

Camelor

"For the record, Will Smith just came out in support of gay marriage."

That has nothing to do with it -- it's not like Will's just being ultra homophobic. The guy kissed him, basically assaulted him. His reaction was appropriate.

Ashlyn

First off, the reporter did NOT kiss him on the mouth. You can clearly see that it his his cheek. However, I understand both sides. While yes, it would be surprising if a male reporter tried to kiss you on the cheek, but I don't know if slapping him was the right thing to do. Would he have reacted that way if it was a female reporter? I understand that since it's a man, it makes it uncomfortable, but it almost makes Will look homophobic. Like many people have mentioned, a lot of people in different cultures kiss each other on the cheek. You actually see the double cheek kiss all the time. I understand that Will is not apart of that culture.. but I don't see the harm in acting classy about it and just letting it slide? Maybe because I'm a woman, I feel differently about it. Just using the President as an example...I'm sure if a man from a different culture greeted the president with the double kiss thing, he would not have slapped him. He has more class than that. Obama would have laughed it off.. maybe that is what Will should have done. I still like Will as an actor and a person.. but I think he could have handled it differently. But again, like I said, maybe because I'm a woman, I'm more tolerant to that kind of stuff.

BLACKBULL

if george bush,or shaq or justin beever,or snoop dog or bill clinton,or obama,or whoopi goldberg or sara palin or ssimon cowel tried to greet gloria allred with an "overt affection"kiss&hug
you can bet your teeth that glorei would be pissed&motioning to strike
in a court of law for mega millions.
gay or not gay,no moron should ever
kiss another human on the lips without
clear invitation.
will should have pistol whipped that guy.should have kicked him in his base balls&then get nice-ass gloria to defend him in court.
and will smith,please no more hugging-greetings,just a high-five.
coffee grinder blues

BLACKBULL

no will should have laughed it off.
the guy brished his lips across will
and will felt it was wrong&reacted.
the guy got off easily.if i did the same to your wife or you you would react&you wouldnt want the public
telling you how to handle it.
will said the guy tried to kiss me.doesnt will have the right to overeact somewhat?or are all our feelings&thoughts going to be dictated by groups so we are not called anti this or anti that.i am a punany-hound,but if a woman who looks like actress-precious tried to over do a hug/kiss i would push her back too.
but if megan mccain did that,i would welcome her.i ndont mind if a gay dude
shakes my hand or a welcomed hug,but i prefer(if the world doesnt mind)that he doesnt kiss me.i am not into that.
punany the breakfast of champions.
coffee grinder blues

BLACKBULL

no will should not have laugh it off.
some would some would not...its your choice to handle appropriately.
thr reporter over stepped his bounds.
any woman would have would have done the same thing.

BLACKBULL

some moron on tmz equaled wills reaction to homophobia.
what a disgusting leap.
that is a terrible thing for that tmz guy to say&throw at will.anyone could have felt annyoed by that closeness.
just becuz you may support gay doesnt mean that one will open themselves freely to any behavior.does anybody think&reason anymore or did that go out
with vcr`s,bell bottoms,and boofant hair.
coffee grinder blues

Previous 15 Comments | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments