Mark Zuckerberg

Facebook Stock PLUMMETS

5/21/2012 7:26 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0521_mark_zuckerberg_facebook
Tough morning for The Zuck -- after a lackluster debut ... Facebook stock is sinking like a stone this morning ... down more than 11% from its opening price.

As of 7:32 AM PDT ... FB had fallen to $33.97 per share ... down $4.26 from its closing price on Friday.

According to MSN.com, the stock was down as much as 14% earlier in the morning.

FYI -- Facebook debuted at $38-per-share ... and many hoped it would explode. It didn't.

Of course, we're still a long way from the closing bell ... and a lot could happen -- good or bad.

Stay tuned ...

John

Jesus TMZ are you going to Micro Manage his news stories now?

This is normal... If you listened to anything then you would have heard that people who put in early orders got all they asked for and some tried to cancel the orders. So now they are selling the ones they don't want..

no big deal.. Hell most of the time people are lucky to get one share when they put in a pre-sale order..

MadDude

This is what's wrong with America: Facebook is worthless - and no one gives a damn. Just because I know the brand - does that mean I should buy stock? Hell no. Here's my little rundown on why Facebook should be trading at 3 Cents a share - if at all:

1) FB doesn't have inherent value. There are no patents, no property. FB rents a lot of webspace, but that's about it. Anybody can rent webspace.
2) FB doesn't have protected intellectual property. Anybody can come up with something better - and they do come up with it (google +, so.cl, ...)
3) FB is not a sustainable business model. First of all, have you ever paid a single cent to FB? I bet you didn't. And you never will, because you only joined to start out with because it was free.
4) You never go on Facebook to purchase something, as you would go on ebay or google sometimes. Ads on FB just waste your time and will always go unnoticed.
5) I left FB long ago. Privacy? Forget it. The only thing that FB does is that it connects you with all the D-Bags it took you years to get rid off.
6) 900 million users? My ass, that includes 899 million users who are ready to depart, never to be seen again.
7) What do you think where will FB be 10, 20 years down the road? I bet google will still be there. FB will be yahoo'd off the map.

My apologies to all the d-bags in for a ride to see their money going up in smoke. Shoving $20 bil up the Zuck's rear end is probably not the smartest choice, corporate America.

Be well

Dan Frederiksen

a lackluster debut? really?
the investors might think it's lackluster but facebook got paid 38.. they got their money. and the money was BIG! ridiculously big. way beyond what they should have gotten.
if that's lackluster then Gwyneth Paltrow is a streetwalker! :)

AyeJay

People who would invest in a social networking site are idiots, sorry. Anyone remember MySpace? Yeah, that thing was huge prior to Facebook. It just shows that all social networking sites are fads, people are always going on to bigger and better things. Facebook is fad, no matter how successful it is.

Velvet

This is your ipo on drugs

moe l.

Well what did you expect from a company that doesn't make money? Lots of folks won't join FB for privacy issues. Stupid company with lot's o hype.

Jdawg

Im sure FB is on the phone with the same people who keep the stock ALIVE with some CPR Friday. This may go down as one of the worst business decisions in history. Starting IPO while Obama is in office is pretty much suicide.

Straight Talkin Texan

I don't consider that a plummet.

MistressRosie

Honestly what were people buying stock in...GM saw the writing on the wall...Bottom line is people are still media driven, and The Zuck came out looking like a Greedy Little Opportunistic Cookie Monster, Getting Rich from the Interactions of Friends...SHAMELESS...Karma's a Bitch...xx

Truth

I KNEW IT. PEEPS WERE BUYING THIS STOCK TO SHORT SELL MONDAY MORNING AS IS THE USUAL CASE WITH LAME IPO'S. JUST LIKE THE FIRST INTERNET BUBBLE BURST THIS IS THE 2ND. ANALYST REALIZE INTERNET COMPANIES HAVE NO ASSETS. OOPS!! ZUCKERBERG BETTER BE BUYING STOCKS AND ASSETS IN REAL COMPANIES WHEN HE HAS THE CHANCE. #TRUTH!!

yup

Is it true Facebook may buy Neomedia?

Joe

He needs to hire someone who went through an ipo and have them worry about advertising on the site. A public company shouldnt be run by one person. It needs a committee or a board to make decisions that involves the investors.

Jackie

LOL....I'm smiling. They disabled my account some months ago and they wanted me to send them my government ID to prove my age...ha ha...like am stupid enough to send them my ID. NOW TIME FOR KARMA TO GET YA.

Octocunny

might as well be changing the name to FACEFU*CK before it's all said and done...sure the parasites got theirs off the top...now the losers reign...

Kevin

Some Coldplay lyrics seem appropriate here: "One minute I held the key ... And I discovered that my castles stand / Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand"