Britney Spears

Walks Off 'X Factor'

5/25/2012 3:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0524-britney-spears-x-factor
Britney Spears walked off the set of "X Factor" moments ago ... and according to several people in the audience, she was upset after a contestant butchered her song, "Hold It Against Me."

Britney did not come back immediately ... and four contestants auditioned in front of the remaining judges ... and an empty seat.

Someone connected with the show tells us Britney was not upset over the song -- and that she "Just took a short break."

The show is currently on a break -- so we don't know if or when she will return to her seat.

wow ew

Glad she's never met me. I've been "butchering" her songs for years. I can't sing for ****. How is this news to her?

Olivia

She doesn't even sing the song herself, how could she be upset? I smell a britney x factor breakdown before the season's end.

NTL

Maybe if Jason came and sat behind her on the first row? I hate that she's losing it again, really I do. What were her parents thinking when they put her in show business??? They knew she had issues.

anne10

Does anyone actually have anything to say about the story? Or do you just want an opportunity to make lame jokes and talk dirty? What a waste----

Jodi

I wonder if she was told to act like this to bring drama and higher ratings to the show. I hope it's not because she can't handle the job. Get it together Brit, I 'm pulling for you.

Diego

And so, it begins....

Rory G. Fizzlebottom

I liked her better when she was bald and strapped to an hospital gurney.

Marichu Domio

can they have a better judges? y don't they hire Diana Ross/Lionel Richie/Stevie Wonder. These people were good mentors & cud bring the true real talents in the music industry. If only MJ was alive he could be there too.

jetfanglo

and?

Tia

"butchered her song hold it against me" LOL It was and still is a terrible song no matter who sings it, The contestant probably did a better version than Britney.

Jim in Cali

LOL Spears Twitter

Britney Spears ‏@britneyspears

#Britneywalksoff??? LOL was just taking a little break people. I am having the BEST time!!!

Again just TMZ trying to make news instead of reporting the news.

Nu1tha

Its funny because the fact the majority of you actually believe this tripe shows just how idiotic you are. You believe anything shoved down your throat by the tragic TMZ. Seriously, grow up, get a life and just have an opened mind. My goodness, this generation is beyond stupid.

Britney addressed the issue on twitter too: '#Britneywalksoff‬??? LOL was just taking a little break people. I am having the BEST time!!!'

So shove that up you pipe and smoke it!

Nancy

Well, THAT didn't take long, did it? Wonder what Simon's thinking NOW!

Bruno

DRAMA.

Nancy

She can't work for more than 20 minutes without taking a break??? SERIOUSLY????