'Idol' Winner Phillip Phillips

Movin' On Up ...

Fam Dumping Pawn Shop

5/24/2012 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0524_phillips_pawn_shop_TMZ
"American Idol" winner Phillip Phillips' family has reason to celebrate, now that the "A.I." winner will be rolling in the dough ... and the first move is selling the family pawn shop.

Sources close to Phillip’s family tell TMZ, Phil's dad Donnie has been mulling over the idea of selling the Albany, GA pawn shop ... but apparently Phillip's success made the decision a no-brainer.

Donnie is banking on a bidding war, now that the shop has the "A.I." cache.

Before Phillip's "Idol" run, Donnie planned to sell the place for $200,000. Onward and upward, he hopes.

Muppet

The price will not go up lol. Is this guy serious? A bidding war because his son won american idol. What a joke!

Timmy Boy

I hope he doesnt marry a Priscilla too.

Stiletto

1) They own a pawnshop

2) They own a pawnshop in Georgia

3) They own a pawnshop in Georgia barricaded in chain link fencing

They should be mulling over moving even if their kids only claim to fame was having the newest truck in the state's septic tank cleaning fleet.

Jodi

I thought this kid was seriously sick, performing in pain and all that.? Why don't his parents make sure he's in better health before they start riding on his money coattails.

POZ

Who was the last winner of american idol? And who was the one before that?? Or the one before that??? I would not bank on platinum albums just yet.

user007

I heard Lee Dewyze was interested. Oh not in buying the place but in getting a job there.

babylove52

A.I. is a popularity contest. He will be just another Taylor Hicks who just faded w/no a hit record. A.I. history speaks for itself.....2nd runner-ups-Clay Aiken, Kat Mcphee and remember Jennifer Hudson? 2nd in line, but first and famous than the winner.

Truth

YEA, DOES PAPA KNOW 95% OF AMERICAN IDOL WINNERS FLOPPPPPPP!!!!! ONLY 3 IDOLS HAVE MADE IT - KELLY CLARKSON, CARRIE UNDERWOOD, AND JHUD. I WONT COUNT FANTASIA CAUSE SHE HAS TOO MUCH DRAMA AND TOMFOOLERY IN HER LIFE SINCE WINNING. #TRUTH!!

IceGypsy

That's great news. Nice that he can retire while he's still young enough to enjoy it. What a great gift to his family :)

kelly

I wouldn't quit my day job that soon sir. This is American Idol and your son will get dropped from his label within a years' time.

static

What's Ruben Studdard doing these days?

charley

YEAH HES FAMOUS RIGHT NOW...BUT LIKE ALL THE OTHER WINNERS..HE WILL BE FORGOTTEN BY NEXT YEAR...SHOULD HAVE HELD ON TO IT AS SECURITY...I CANT EVEN TELL YOU WHO WON THE LAST THREE YEARS!

Dennis Johnson

Ths pawn shop in Albany ,Ga has very BAD rep.of being the biggest rip off in town.The owners are comlpete A$$ HOLES and are hated by everybody.I hope they leave and never come back............S***.

danzjamz

t

Majestik

You know, if my kid came into publicity, success and a bunch of money, as his mother, I would NOT expect my boy to be paying for me to live the rest of my life in luxury. That's HIS hard work, why the hell are the parents expecting this?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments