Lady Gaga

Fears for Her Life ...

Axes Concert in Indonesia

5/27/2012 6:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0527_lady_gaga_getty
Lady Gaga
is TERRIFIED Islamic hardliners might attack her concert in Indonesia, so she cancelled it ... this according to her reps.

Gaga's management team announced today there were major security concerns regarding the June 3 gig in Jakarta -- all because a few Islamic extremists were pissed about Gaga's risque costumes and dance moves, which they felt corrupted Muslim youths.

The Indonesian Council of Ulema chairman, Cholil Ridwan, fervently urged fellow Muslims not to attend the show, saying, "It's intended to destroy the nation's morality."

Security concerns for the concert skyrocketed from such beliefs, so much so the Jakarta police refused to issue the show a permit, even though 52,000 tickets had already been sold.

With a lack of permit, and the security threats, Gaga's team threw in the towel and decided to officially cancel today.

Gaga then released a statement Sunday via Twitter saying, "I'm so very sorry to the fans and just as devastated as you if not more. You are everything to me. I will try to put together something special for you. My love for Indonesia has only grown."

David

I thought only Christians were intolerant, Gaga. Now she'll come back to the USA pointing her fingers on Christians instead of Muslims, cause she knows her life will not be threatened by Christians. Can someone take this girl to an asylum?

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Eff it. Suit up in a Pork Chop suit before you board the plane and see if they're still mad.

luis thompson

I figure she would say: "I'm so very sorry to the fans and just as devastated as you if not more. You are everything to me. I will try to give you all 52,000 ticket holders their money back . My love for Indonesia has only grown." but whatever

JB

I can't help wondering if this is all about her gay rights support. If she never uttered a word about gays, they wouldn't care how she dressed.

Luz

I respect what the authorities of Indonesia did! They protected what goes in as an image for their youth and their country. "Lady" Gaga's image and representation of what talent is, is pure garbage!

Luz

If America had more of Indonesia's attitude, our children would watch less garbage on tv, there would not be gay shows on primetime, and no one would come to this Country to offend God in our faces. And the reason they do it is because we don't do anything about it! We are weak.

Luz

I would like to know what has "Lady" Gaga has done to be famous? Dress in a meat dress publicly disrespecting the hard work of PETA? Show at a game in underwear? Make up that makes her lood like a harlequin? How has she used her fame to help other people and the world? Has she done that? She is too absorved making money by the minute at the expense of the idiots who just follow blindly and don't know better!

Maileeann

I read the other day that Indonesia cancelled the concert because of her risky costumes etc. So who knows who pulled the plug?

SusanCoyote

Who listens to her crap music anyway???? I think even gay guys are losing interest.

NiiCArtistry

i find it funny that these "Muslims" are saying she is unwelcome because of the suggestiveness of her music...the Truth? She cries out the Lord Jesus in several of her BTW tracks.. so its extremely interesting to me that the Enemy is using the excuse of "risque costumes and dance moves" when the reality is that they do not want the Gospel (regardless of whether one agrees or disagrees for the form it is being presented in) of Jesus Christ to be spoken on.

Ticketsinventory

Gaga will come back to the USA singing for Christians instead of Muslims.Check out her tickets at

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3