Phillip Phillips

Surgery POSTPONED

5/29/2012 10:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0529_phillip_phillips_tmz_article
Phillip Phillips
will NOT have kidney surgery today as scheduled, because he's burning up with a fever ... TMZ has learned.

As we first reported, Phillip has a serious congenital kidney condition that produces kidney stones so large they cannot pass.  The condition has virtually debilitated his right kidney -- requiring 8 prior surgeries.

Phillip has had a flare-up through almost the entire "American Idol" competition, requiring a stent that was surgically inserted two months ago -- causing the singer extreme and continuous pain.

We're told Phillip now has a bad sinus infection that has triggered a high fever.  As a result surgeons will not operate.

We're told the surgery has been rescheduled for early next week.

0518_phillip_phillips_wailing_footer_v2

Woot

Dangit, P2, take care of your talented self! All the best to you, cutie pie!

JM

Phillip is an awesome talent. I have downloaded his music from Itunes and I have listened to him and he is amazing. I am so sorry you are in this position. Its unfortunate that you have to learn that there are a lot of idiots who are uncaring and hateful and they like to post ugly comments. You worry about you and get better fast. I look forward to seeing what talents you have yet to tap into. May you be blessed with much love, good health (eventually) and a beautiful long career.

PK

I've been there...hurts like hell!! I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on the devil himself. The healing time for this surgery is NOT 6 to 8 weeks, as I've heard reported. My heal time was over a year. It's been two years since mine and I still have issues. Poor guy, he's got a rough road ahead.

Beth Harrell

if he needs a kidney i will be happy to give him one of mine!!

Beth Harrell

IF PHILLIP NEEDS A KIDNEY, I WILL GIVE HIM ONE OF MINE!! I AM ALREADY AN ORGAN DONOR! I WOULD NOT MIND ONE BIT TO DONATE A KIDNEY TO HIM!!!

Beth Harrell

If Phillip gets to where he needs a kidney, I am happy to give him one of mine!! I am an organ donor!! and I will be proud to help him out!!! He is my American Idol. I hope Phillip gets to feeling better.

Rick

MedFive.com Product that is Patented with Clinicals dissolve kidney stones, and Remove Plaque from your Body. He's still going to have to keep Plaque from building up.

loe

fever? not good... hope he get to be american idol a bit longer and not die so quickly because of his illness.

Ashley

Phillip, hope your fever subsides soon and you can have your op. You're in our prayers sweetie!

misty

Bless his heart! my prayers are with you Phillip..

Lauren

As someone who has had to have 2 surgeries in the past 4 months to remove stones that were too big to pass I can tell you that they are a pain like no other. I personally found the stent almost as bad as the stones. That being said though, I don't get why he couldn't have the surgery during idol. It is an out-patient surgery. I was in and out of the hospital the same day, for both my surgeries, and after a few days was back at work, so I feel like they are making a little bit of too big of deal of the situation.

toxicbutterfly

That's a rough one! I can't imagine having major kidney stones with relief in sight, and then getting a sinus infection. becoming sicker, and being told that you have to wait? I would go insane!

I didn't watch Idol, but I wish him a speedy recovery.

joecrabs

Who?

piper9

Poor guy ! Good thing he won American Ideal

anastasia

i feel so bad ..i hope to god everything goes well and hes ok.. :)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments