Phillip Phillips

Surgery POSTPONED

5/29/2012 10:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0529_phillip_phillips_tmz_article
Phillip Phillips
will NOT have kidney surgery today as scheduled, because he's burning up with a fever ... TMZ has learned.

As we first reported, Phillip has a serious congenital kidney condition that produces kidney stones so large they cannot pass.  The condition has virtually debilitated his right kidney -- requiring 8 prior surgeries.

Phillip has had a flare-up through almost the entire "American Idol" competition, requiring a stent that was surgically inserted two months ago -- causing the singer extreme and continuous pain.

We're told Phillip now has a bad sinus infection that has triggered a high fever.  As a result surgeons will not operate.

We're told the surgery has been rescheduled for early next week.

0518_phillip_phillips_wailing_footer_v2

HARRY NIPPLES, Jr.

I am a friend of Phillip's. He was not scheduled for surgery on Tuesday. He does have a fever.

Sandra

Like this guy and hope he is better soon!!

irum

hello dear how are you. its me irum from Pakistan, i have four sisters and one brother. my father is suffering from cancer and hepatitis c, we cannot afford his treatment because we are poor, my father want i marring in out of Pakistan, please dear help me

Ramona Maddox

GOD BLESS YOU PHILLIP. WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOF YOU TO FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!! I am from south georgia and i am so proud of you!!!!

mmaston01

Although it hasn't been reported yet what kidney condition he has, it sounds very, very similar to the one I suffer with. Medullary Sponge Kidney (MSK). I too produce very large kidney stones that are unable to pass on their own & require multiple surgeries to get rid of. I currently have an online petition going to raise awareness about this debilitating disease & have tweeted Phillip because I'm looking for a celeb spokesman to help promote this. If you read my petiton, you will see exactly what us "commoners" deal with while battling this disease. I have the target goal set at 500 signatures & I'm almost there. I'd love to exceed that goal! Here's the link: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/medullary-sponge-kidney-msk-patients-unite-one/

You can also watch my videos to promote MSK on YouTube - my channel name is: mmaston01. Thanks for your support!!

caren gittleman

My heart goes out to Phillip. It sounds as if he has MSK, Medullary Sponge Kidneys which is what I have. It causes 100s of stones and to answer Alice's comment there is nothing that can be done to STOP the formation of stones, we can only SLOW the formation. Sadly there is little known about MSK and it would be great if Phillip could be a spokesperson for this painful condition. We have a Medullary Sponge Kidney page on Facebook and I wish he would join! I have suffered for 16 yrs from this condition. (((((Hugs)))) to Phillip and his bravery in standing up to the pain and forging on!

sarah311

Just hope Phillip's surgery is successful and he recovers quickly. Looking forward to his album.
He is a unique talent.

Dinah Easter

Phillip Phillips God bless you. So happy for you . Full American from a small country town. Loved watching you

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4