Amanda Bynes

Charged with DUI

6/5/2012 3:35 PM PDT UPDATED: 6/5/2012 4:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0605-amanda-bynes
Amanda Bynes has officially been charged with DUI after her arrest back in April -- when she sideswiped a cop car and allegedly attempted to flee the scene.

Bynes has been charged with one count of misdemeanor DUI -- and the D.A. has sought a sentencing enhancement because the actress refused to take either a breathalyzer or a blood test.

Bynes has not been charged with hit-and-run.

If convicted -- with the sentencing enhancement -- we're told Bynes faces a minimum of 48 hours in jail ... and a maximum of 6 months.

But because of jail overcrowding, it's unlikely Bynes will ever serve longer than a few hours.

update_bar
4:35 PM PT -- And now this ... Amanda just tweeted, "Hey @BarackObama... I don't drink. Please fire the cop who arrested me. I also don't hit and run. The end."

Asian 101

for the people writing "get Help"....There is no help for being an idiot!

wpgguy

ummmmm she some crazy FUGLY

jdigity

I would still suck a fart out of her

No comment

All you drivers forget about implied consent: All U.S. states have driver licensing laws which state that a licensed driver has given his implied consent to a field sobriety test and/or a Breathalyzer or similar manner of determining blood alcohol concentration. These laws have generally been upheld by courts as a valid exercise of the states' police power, against challenges under the Fourth Amendment (as a reasonable search and seizure) and Fifth Amendment (as not violative of the right against self-incrimination). This is largely because in the United States, driving is considered a privilege rather than a right, and the state has a legitimate interest in keeping dangerously intoxicated drivers off the road, to prevent injury, property damage, and loss of life. In most states, however, the police must have reasonable grounds for administering a sobriety test

Lisa-Centereach

Ahhhhh. Another douche bag.

Smokie

This girl has gone bat sh!t insane!!! Totally off the deep end. . . she's the next LiLo.

Lisa-Centereach

Let's just hope there is a judge out there with balls and backbone, who will sentence her if convicted, the same way they would John or Jane Doe. So sick of these nutless judges who either dismiss, drop or have some a**hole so-called celeb in jail for an hour or less, because of "over crowding"...Your f**king ass....

Seldombinlaid

She could have driven my face that night. That would have kept here out of trouble:)

NiceGuy

Hey Bynes booze-I've got a tweet message for you:
You are such a F**KEN Bitch!!!!You Lohan Wannabee!!

harleyharlett

all i can picture right now is amanda chasing her manager down the street srceaming - give me my phone back, i want to tweet some more!! -

Donna

What planet is she from, she is in such denial... Amanda goes to rehab

Lexi

I use to like her, but now I cannot stand her. Its one thing to be drunk, but to get behind a wheel, too? I have no respect for her.

Yomarina

Pathetic. Like Obama actually hires who work for LAPD! Idiot.

EricCarr91

She's in my deathpool at work. Still waiting on that single vehicle accident that takes her out.

Jenn

My prediction:
She'll sober up tomorrow, remember that she tweeted the president (LOL) and claim her Twitter account was "hacked". Meanwhile, there will be 17 pictures of her pounding shots on various entertainment websites by lunchtime.