Sheryl Crow

I Have a Brain Tumor

6/5/2012 2:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0605_sheryl-crow_gettySheryl Crow just announced she has a brain tumor -- but the singer insists ... there's nothing to worry about.

50-year-old Crow told the Las Vegas Review Journal, "I worried about my memory so much that I went and got an MRI. And I found out I have a brain tumor ... but it's benign, so I don't have to worry about it."

You'll recall -- Sheryl choked on stage last month in Florida, forgetting the lyrics to one of her most famous songs. She said, "I'm 50 what can I say! My brain has gone to s**t!"

It's unclear if the incident was related to her brain tumor.

0_wrb4v7r4_0_7ull1d8m
The tumor is what's called a meningioma -- a growth that develops from the protective linings of the brain and spinal cord.

According to Sheryl's rep, it's a very common condition ... and the rock star is happy, healthy, and doing great. The rep didn't say if the singer plans to pursue surgery.

It's not Crow's first cancer scare either -- Crow successfully battled breast cancer back in 2006.

We got Sheryl out just last week at LAX and she looked great.

Martina

this hag is a total media whore.
millions of people come down with cancer, your'e no better because your'e an over the hill celebrity.

go away hag

Jay W.

She still looks good.

Ih8Taxes

Well, she's a total moron and idiot, but I hope she's OK.

DaveT

I'mmmm....gonna soak up the sunnnn....gonna tell everyone I know....to lighten upppp...
I thought I had a brain tumor once but it was all good after a good sneeze.

bobobean

In other news, Lance Armstrong is breaking up with her again, even though they are not dating. He just wants to make sure he get's away from any chick that has cancer in his life.

LoudMouth

I hope she stays healthy.

But what is it with celebrities thinking we need to know every little detail about their lives? If she is going to be just fine, why would we need to know about it in the first place? Any ingrown hair issues you want to tell us about?

And btw, if I hear ONE more "I was bullied when I was a kid story", I'm gonna throw up.

Carl

If she is having such memory issues that she got an MRI, and then found a tumor, maybe it is something to worry about. If it isn't that then there would have to be something else wrong. Early Onset Alzheimers?

gapchick101

"It's not a tumor" in Arnold Schwarzenegger voice!

V Kint

Sheryl Crow, RIP.

Paul B

Hope she is OK.

Straight Talkin Texan

Sheryl ROCKS! I wish her well!

LeeBrewster

OMG!!!! I am so surprised--big time! She is a liberal, how can she have a brain tumor with no brain??

amazinglybored

That awkward moment when someone at TMZ realizes that they made fun of an actual serious thing...

susan

Well tmx if you do see her tell her that i had a brain tumor and had a great surgent and i am still here they had gave me 6 months and it has been 4 yrs. God Bless her and i will have you in my prayers.

Amy

She sucks. Her music sucks. Her voice sucks. She sucks.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments