Sheryl Crow

I Have a Brain Tumor

6/5/2012 2:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0605_sheryl-crow_gettySheryl Crow just announced she has a brain tumor -- but the singer insists ... there's nothing to worry about.

50-year-old Crow told the Las Vegas Review Journal, "I worried about my memory so much that I went and got an MRI. And I found out I have a brain tumor ... but it's benign, so I don't have to worry about it."

You'll recall -- Sheryl choked on stage last month in Florida, forgetting the lyrics to one of her most famous songs. She said, "I'm 50 what can I say! My brain has gone to s**t!"

It's unclear if the incident was related to her brain tumor.

0_wrb4v7r4_0_7ull1d8m
The tumor is what's called a meningioma -- a growth that develops from the protective linings of the brain and spinal cord.

According to Sheryl's rep, it's a very common condition ... and the rock star is happy, healthy, and doing great. The rep didn't say if the singer plans to pursue surgery.

It's not Crow's first cancer scare either -- Crow successfully battled breast cancer back in 2006.

We got Sheryl out just last week at LAX and she looked great.

hung and dashing

She sounds as though she's still in deep denial. No brain tumor is nothing to worry about. And sadly plenty of benign brain tumors have been known to kill a person. She ought to join a brain tumor support group and discover just how many people with benign tumors die of them.

And to say her sort of brain tumor is really common is sort of cuckoo, too. Brain tumors aren't common. It might be a common variety among those brain tumors found. But the tumor isn't common unto itself.

Crow needs to quit making a media spectacle of herself. I once saw her singing live at a Rolling Stones concert. I thought she was the sound check girl. I didn't realize she was the opening act. She was atrocious and weak of voice and presence. I don't understand her career for one moment.

palermo

All brain tumors are serious, benign or not The operation is a serious one. People don't realize that chemo can cause cancer elsewhere in your body. This could very well be a very bad thing. I am thinking of her two adopted kids, she has no husband, what will happen to them

Sara Sells Sea Shells

Least favorite female recording artist, but sucks that she has a brain tumor. I was hoping her lack of talent would be the reason she faded into obscurity

cogboy

i was bullied by very mild cancer but got cured when i threw up...

Joybubble55

Hope you recover soon....

CountryGal

Golly, I'm not a big fan but some of the comments here are sick "she looks like a cancer patient and should die" really s***bags?? Ever heard of Karma?

royalredus

This cameraman is SUCH a nerd!! What a ridiculous question to ask Sheryl Crow!!

dave collins

Karma, I do believe.

pattycake

she should eat something

justfine

I just had a meningionoma removed in March. It was the size of a lemon on the left side of my brain and was pressing my optic nerve and started to have visual problems.These tumors can continue to grow and cause alot of damage depending on where they are located such as speech, seizures or stroke or even death. Don't wait until it's too late to get it removed. They shaved my head, performed a craniotomy I had 39 staples and a week stay in the hospital. The whole surgery and incision was relatively painless. Sure beats the hell out of possibly going blind. Wishing you the same luck I had. Hard to believe some of the nasty comments I read.

j

Sheryl should consider learning what God has to say about her health. How will you ever know what God says if you don't listen?

God wants you well:

You've already got it:

Lynda R.N.

Sorry to hear about this. I'm sure she has a qualified medical team who have completely evaluated her, but I sure hope that the brain tumor is not actually brain mets from her breast cancer. Best wishes Sheryl.

myopinion

wish you well Sheryl may God continue to bless you.

razer_krait

So she look lovely.
Doanh Việt Training

Saints fan

A benign brain tumor is "nothing to worry about"? Tell that to my mom who is brain damaged and paralyzed from it and the surgery to remove it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments