Stuttering 'AGT' Contestant

On the Chopping Block

OVER LIES

6/8/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0607_timothy_poe

Producers of "America's Got Talent" are going to edit stuttering G.I. fraud Timothy Poe's appearance in the upcoming Las Vegas show ... the open question is whether Poe will be 86'd from the show altogether.

TMZ broke the story ... Timothy is NOT the soldier in a photo used during his melodramatic audition segment Monday night -- and the army has no record he was ever injured in Afghanistan ... as he had claimed.

"AGT" producers told TMZ Tim gave them the photo -- and they aired it without questioning him.

Sources connected with the show tell us ... there will "definitely be edits" and producers are currently discussing exactly what they will cut and what if anything they will keep.

We just spoke with "AGT" judge Howie Mandel, who tells us, "I was blown away that I was totally taken in," adding, "I'm really angry with the guy."

Howie believes Poe won't be disqualified from the show. Rather, he thinks producers will let Poe continue performing, but now he'll be known as a liar and not a war hero. Good luck in front of Howard Stern.

tgo007

lol @ "Good luck in front of Howard Stern."

Stern would tear this guy apart. It'll be the most aggressive rant/attack on tv history.

Googie

All the judges will make mincemeat out of this liar. Poe is person non grata

Cognizant _illiberal

charge him with theft of valor .

lanceR

Timothy Poe-- " I'm not the soldier in that picture but I do look the same in my uniform except for my hat. My fellow soldiers gave me the nickname Johnny Appleseed cuz I plant B.S. in all my travels. Oh, one more thing....I'M GOING TO VEGAS SUCKERS!"

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

FKING LIAR!

Chuck

A**hole gives texas a black eye. Creep of the first degree...If he makes the show..I'll not watch his portion for sure.

D

I had a gut feeling ( he was lying) at the end of the show when Nick said, "you didn't stutter".

Chuck

It's been revealed now that this jerk is not from Texas, but from minnesota. he has an ex wife and kids in Minneapolis. Rotten no good Liar.

6one9

Lying ``````````` sack of poop!!

MardiM2

I hope Stern HUMILIATES this liar for all the world to see!

jr.d

Any chance this whole story arc is purely fiction cooked up by the producers to get - FREE PUBLICITY? Ratings will skyrocket when they ALLOW Poe to perform. Every media outlet will cover it.

Bridget

Ugh, and I defended him in the inital story saying we should hold up on judgement until there is more proff since he is a soldier.

I just saw the whole clip from AGT. I think I was more sympathetic because I had just seen "The Kings Speech". And no wonder I was sympathetic he apparently saw it aswell because he took his whole "act" from it.

I really don't understand why he didn't just go with the truth. He is a soldier, people love soldiers. You don't need to add on to it.

That being said, now that there is proff he is a big fat liar, I hope they keep him on the show. For one very simple reason... I want to see the judges go after him. Get Em' Howard, Get Em'!!!

Symian

But, umm, what if his main talent is lying? He's still got talent. ;)

Tigers Wood

Yes, keep him on the show now for more ratings. YES. Stern and Howies writers are coming up with some good come backs to attack this guy on the show when he sings again. It's all about the ratings and the controversy.

Tigers Wood

TMZ just got AGT a bunch of money from all of the controversy now. Anyway who watches this Cr@p?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments