Lindsay Lohan Crash

Truck Driver Claims

Bribe Offered for Silence

6/9/2012 8:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0609_lohan_driver_video
The guy driving the giant truck that got rear ended by Lindsay Lohan Friday tells TMZ ... LiLo was trying to flee the scene and when he tried to stop her ... her people tried to buy his silence.

Lindsay was driving on the PCH yesterday when she collided with a semi-truck driven by James (we're leaving out his last name). Lohan was trailed by a Cadillac Escalade (which James refers to as a limousine) ... driven by someone connected with her Lifetime movie.

James tells TMZ after the accident, he called 911 as Lindsay and her male assistant got out of the Porsche and into the Escalade. James says the assistant picked up a pink bag, "filled it up with something" and then put clothes on top of it.

James claims the driver of the Escalade was trying to keep him away from the SUV.  James says he wanted to exchange info with Lindsay (whom he did not recognize) but it was apparent to him she was about to flee the scene.

James says the Escalade driver offered him money, saying they could "go to the bank" and withdraw some cash.

James says  the Escalade driver and Lindsay's assistant put on a full court press: "Him and the guy took me across the street and told me this was some kind of famous person and they didn't want to be in the media. But I'd already called 911 because they were trying to get away from the scene. But they packed a bag and then the limousine driver told me, 'Don't mention the bag to the cops.'"

Steve Honig, Lindsay's rep, tells TMZ, "Lindsay is cooperating fully with law enforcement. She has answered all their questions and provided them with everything they have asked for."

0609_lindsay_lohan_crash_gallery

dd

This delusional bitch is really getting on my nerves, FIRE HER SHE IS NOTHING LIKE ELIZABETH TAYLOR, it is an insult for her to try to play her!

VIDGMER

a semi-truck driven James laugh all the way to the MEDIA, the 15 min of FAME!

hugh

Does this really surprise anyone? Typical Lindsay behavior...deny the incident, then try bribery, then try to file a lawsuit for defamation. It's past time she finally gets what she deserves.....jail time.

janet

@vorlon...yes I do. She is pathetic.

Jay W.

I would have taken the money ... then said "you have that famous girl meet me at the Motel 6."
uh gic gic gic.

charles

bostonlaw sounds like a paid for person

fact

It's funny he kept this detail out of the police report, but spilled it to the press the following day.

Janeen

ROFLMAO...lets say his first name, leave out his last name but show his face online...ummmm am I the only one who finds this hilarious!!!????

_Taterman

I totally recant my thoughts that maybe this time it wasn't Lindsay at fault for once .... Lindsay Lohan, you're a dumb worthless skank and by the looks of the path you're on, I have no doubts that you'll be joining the "27 club".

charles

no, but I do find all the action- past and present, on the same highway, of high interest

fact

It's funny he kept this important detail out of the police report, but decided to spill it to the press the following day. Tss

Jaded

For her safety and that of others, please yank this woman's driver's license for several years and return it only after several clean urine tests...

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I totally believe they were trying to flee the scene. Lindsay would say later that she wasn't even there, that she was "working" and had loaned the car to somebody else. Nobody took her picture, that proves she wasn't there!

Vorlon

Again Mr. Fact- how do YOU have access to the COMPLETE police report to know what was and wasn't left out?

the original bellaluna

Well, it's nice to see her following the same play-by-play that's worked so well for her in the past *sarcasm*

She's nothing if not a consistent f*ck-up.