Drake

I Don't Have

the Phantom Rolex

6/10/2012 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0610_drake_album_watch
There's no way in hell Drake took the $30k missing Rolex in NYC ... he claims his version came directly from Rolex, not some jeweler in midtown -- this according to sources.

Manhattan lawyer James McMillan filed a lawsuit in New York, says the NY Post, claiming his $30k Rose-Gold Rolex Presidential watch with a diamond bezel went missing from a midtown jeweler last year. McMillian claims the jeweler wouldn't return the watch and eventually sold his Rolex to rapper Drake.

But sources close to Drake tell TMZ ... that claim is total BS. We're told the rapper does own a Rose-Gold Rolex -- which can be seen on the cover of his album "Take Care" -- but is adamant he bought it directly from Rolex himself.

Our sources say Drake NEVER received a watch from the midtown jeweler named in the case.

Cricket

HaHa. Grown men fighting over a watch like 9 year old girls. With that much $$$, how are you sooooo bored? Losers.

MarcSuile

The only thing I can think of is if he's dumb enough to wear a Rolex on his right wrist and not his left (unless of course, he's left handed, which after a quick Google search comes back inconclusive), then he's too dumb to steal and get away with it.

Chance's are it's purchased.

Sunset Strip Dealer

Why do they insist on showing a picture of some random guy when it is clear a computer is making the noise people call Drake? Please explain

uncle jimmy

My lady went to see Drake in Pittsburgh PA not to long ago and i told her not to waste tickets on this love rappin homo , and she said he ****in blew it hard !
Anyway ...dudes got dough who ****in cares all these celebs get paid wayyyyyyy to much for not writing their own music and not making their own beats and just reading from paper and thinking they can act! I'm not blaming this flamer but all these new rappers and r&b singers they can make ur voice sound golden just look at Brittanyt Spears ....she can entertain but cant sing for **** and anyone who doubts me listen to her sing live without lip syncing ****s bull**** man theres people who risk their lives everyday and get paid **** and have to struggle but people with zero talent get paid hard and i think its ****in BULL****

Rich

Simple...every ROLEX is registered. Done!!!!

Rich

EXACTLY

Bloomcounty.USA

What a second so this guy decides that the watch on the album cover is his purely because he used to have a watch that was the same model? Unless that was supposed to be a "one of kind" watch, that's pretty lame. Hey my car was stolen last week, you drive the same model and it's the same year ... therefore you must have my car. That's a stupid argument at first glance, is there more to it???

burning_plastic

Drake doesn't have to prove anything but he should sue this jeweler. It must be a lie but I can't understand... Did the jeweler think Drake was going to give him some cash?
It's also possible for loaned items not to be returned and lots of famous people borrow jewelry and then get sued when they forget to return it. But Drake says he bought the watch from Rolex so there's no confusion. He needs to sue the jeweler to clear his name.

burning_plastic

That's my candlestick and my owl statue! I've been looking for them everywhere.

joecrabs

Who?

Buster

I have a watch on my cell phone.

ImsoBossy

Either way it goes Drake didn't steal it. Either the jeweler sold it to him or the Rolex dealer did so he is not a thief, he paid for it either way.

ha

there is a rolex shop all but maybe 5 blocks from his neighborhood in toronto down the same street on St Clair Ave. Hell, he could have purchased it while out on a jog. Doesn't make sense to buy from midtown.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2