« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

New York Giant David Diehl

Arrested for DWI

6/11/2012 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0611_diehl_BNOffensive lineman for the New York Giants David Diehl was busted last night on suspicion of drunk driving.

According to the NY Daily News, police arrested the football star at approximately 8:45 PM on Sunday in Queens after Diehl crashed his vehicle into a number of parked cars.

He was taken to a testing facility where, according to the D.A., his blood alcohol level registered at .182, which is over twice the legal limit. The legal limit in NY is .08.

061112_david_d_launch
Police sources tell TMZ Diehl was drinking at The Scorpio Cafe & Bar watching the Croatia-Ireland soccer game before his arrest.

If convicted, Diehl faces up to a year in jail. He is expected to face a judge this morning.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

wingfreak

lots of money ...no brains.
cab cost to much???

Ace

No wonder he was so drunk. He was probably trying to forget he was watching soccer.

bjay

What a shame.

parlayer

"Our thugs is better than you thugs" should dissqualify offenders from sports.

haskel420

UM TMZ I BELIEVE YOU HAVE A TYPO HERE .. ITS SUPPOSED TO READ 'SUPER BOWL CHAMPION N.Y. GIANTS'

CHARYLENE

OH I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THE GIANT'S FOOTBALL DAVID DIEHL PLAYER OH SURE I'AM NOT AT ALL AN AS FAR AS LINDEY LOHAN GIVE ME A BREAK OH SURE HE BREAK'S DID'NT WORK DUH RIGHT

igor

desi se svakome .......hrvatska do groba !!!!!javi se kad dodes u Orlando....bit ce na moj racun !!!!

igor

it could happend to anybody of us yesterday !!!!!! HRVATSKA DO GROBA !!!!

Al Ristori

Sorry to hear about David Diehl's problem. I took him fishing on my charter boat out of Highlands, N.J. several years ago and found him be a really down-to-earth guy who was also very courteous to my daughter, Cyndi, who was my mate that day. You'd never have known he was a very successful and well-paid professional football player.

Don

Great example for the kids and teenagers!

GeniusMachine

Idiot. The NFL has a 24-hour toll free hotline for car service for any player that thinks he is not fit to drive.

Expurg8d

Watching Ireland lose was enough to make a man drink. That's pretty hammered for 9pm. He was stumbling a bit when he was walking, at least no one was hurt. I wonder how many drinks he had to get to .182 at 300lbs. I'd bet 15-20, but you never know....