David Arquette

Files for Divorce

From Courteney Cox

6/12/2012 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0612_divorce_socuments_david_arquette_courteney_cox_2
David Arquette
has officially filed legal documents to finally divorce his estranged wife, Courteney Cox ... TMZ has learned.

Arquette cites "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the divorce. David filed the documents on Friday ... right before he went to Israel and got Bar Mitzvah'd.

He is asking for joint legal and physical custody of their daughter, Coco, who turns 8 tomorrow.

He did not ask for spousal or child support.  There is no mention of how the property will be divided.

According to the docs, David is representing himself in the divorce -- he does not have a lawyer.

David signed the divorce documents on March 23, 2012 ... so it appears he's been holding them for nearly 3 months.

The couple married on June 12, 1999 -- exactly 13 years ago -- after meeting on the set of "Scream" back in 1995.

David and Courteney first announced their separation back in October 2010 ... with both sides saying they were "best friends" who were committed to raising their daughter together.

At the time of the initial separation, the couple released a joint statement saying, "The reason for this separation is to better understand ourselves and the qualities we need in a partner and for our marriage."

David and Courteney appeared on the Howard Stern radio show together last year--  and when Howard asked if they would ever reconcile David made it clear he WANTED to ... but Courteney insisted they were better off apart.

0612_david_courteney_footer

Cricket

Sad, I hoped they would reconcile. At least it won't be an ugly, selfish mess though. It's clear they really care about each other and will jointly raise their daughter. No doubt, they'll remain the best of friends. Best wishes, Courteney & David.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Finally! ...now he can come get in my bed.

Dom The Mover

that was a strange hook up from the start, I could never figure that couple out, why it started and why they married. weird is all

JimmyB

I guess I'm the only one surprised that HE filed and not her. She's the successful, driven one. He appears to be...not so much. I figured she was just tired of being the breadwinner.

Hervey....Hervey of Arabia...He was a single guy...

Translation is..."I'm porking the nanny".

Shawn

Remember that Howard/Wiggy (allegedly) bought a motorcycle to David. David is one of Wiggy's gay dreams.

Kevin

we care about these two because why?

Kevin

david is the biggest tool on the face of the earth

Kelly

He must have found someone new. Why else? Good for him.

Ela

It's because he is a man now.

Regina

I'm very surprised HE initiated the divorce. I thought that Courtney would have done it by now.
There's not much good I can say about him. He dresses weird, acts weird, and comes from a VERY weird family. I think the only sane one in that whole clan is Rosanna Arquette, the oldest one.

Bitchmaster

He should date Kim K! It would be a privilege and honor for him to be with Kim!

BB not bb

He always struck me as kind of an immature person. I think Courtney was waiting for an apology from him for all of the cheating he did on her while he was just waiting for her to forgive and forget without him really seeming sorry. How does she know he won't do it to her again? He is kind of a selfish guy it seems. I think he just ran off to Isreal now to further shirk off his marriage responsibilities. He can hide in his new identity now instead of dealing with what he did to destroy his marriage.

She is somewhat older than he is so maybe he thinks to be hot stuff he has to cheat on her. I don't think that putting a box of prayers on your head makes you a mature man. I think it is facing your duties and responsibilites that would do it. The Bar Mitzvah is just a ceremony.

sam

Obviously, she has someone else....

DeusDus

it was doomed from the start...i like Dave Arquette but he's kinda an IDIOT which really is no big deal...a lot of people are...we are young you know...but also; Ms Cokks is like a mega-mega****h ... its not right that a skinny little rich-****h have a high ego concerning violence and being able to get away with murder...i know i fear violence happening to me which is cause enough (usually) not to wish it upon my enemies. Anyway...my point is that someone who makes an ass of himself on a regular basis living with someone who is shallow, conceded, and hot-tempered is like trying to put out a fire with gasoline on the basis that gasoline is a liquid and so is water...this is not possible under any condition.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3