Ray Liotta to Henry Hill

R.I.P. My Gangster Friend

... I Hardly Knew Ye

6/13/2012 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0613_ray_liotta_goodfellas_henry_hill
Ray Liotta says he BARELY knew his "Goodfellas" inspiration Henry Hill -- despite playing him in one of the biggest gangster movies ever -- but now that Hill's gone ... Ray feels like a part of himself is gone too.

Ray tells us, "Although I played Henry Hill in the movie ‘Goodfellas’ I only met him a few short times so I can’t say I knew him but, I do know he lived a complicated life."

Ray adds, "My heart goes out to his family and may he finally rest in peace.”

TMZ broke the story ... Hill died yesterday in an L.A. hospital from an undisclosed illness. He was 69.

the_truth_hurts

howard stern had him killed off ......i saw a vision in my cup-o-noodles yesterday at the same time

CLINT

Goodfellas is one of the best gangster movies ever made. Right behind The Godfather. Although Henry Hill was a rat fink, his character was well played by Ray Liotta. These kind of characters are what movies are made of. If there is no Henry Hill, there is no Goodfellas. Thanks for bringing that movie to life, Henry. Now go in peace. And no more snitching.

Dom The Mover

you know if it weren't for supreme actors like Ray Liotta, and Awesome directors like Scorcese, Henry would just be remembered as a two bit mobster in Ozone Park, an accessory to murder, S***bag Narcotics Dealer, and imfamous Rat Snitch with no redemming values. but as usual we put guys like this on a pedestal, as he dealt with his demons we forgave a person who wouldn't think twice about giving you a break. F U Henry thanks for screwin up an already screwed-up neighborhood.

Big D

One of my favorite movies.

brian

Love Ray - amazing actor.

LI_Mom

Very gracious statement by Ray Liotta. He sure was a "complicated" guy. If anyone is interested, his children wrote a book about their lives in the Witness Protection Program. "On the Run: A Mafia Childhood"

Brandt

Mob culture has inspired an entire genre of cinema over the past 50 years or so. We live in a country which glamorizes crime and makes anti-heroes and martyrs of criminals. Read a bit more about organized crime’s affect on Hollywood with the Top 10 Gangster Films of All Time (including Goodfellas of course!) at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-10-gangster-films-of-all-time.html

Cheetara

I like Ray Liotta, even though he seems like a psycho.

shawnie8146

My heart goes out..... I've known Henry and his brother Anthony for years..... and Lisa...... Me and Henry.... went thru rehab back in the 80's, he became my best friend. Henry and his brother, got me my first apartment cuz i had no where to live..... and gift was from the heart, and I'm not used to receiving..... I would like to get in touch with Anthony and Lisa if possible, would like to attend service, but more so, just re-connect..... he was one of my best friends and we lost touch..... I will always miss him. And for those of you who have crap to say..... say nothing..... He was a good guy, and when you become perfect.... share with the world........ so shhhhhhh
shawn miller, son: Brandon
email shawnie8146@yahoo
phone 8055511731
please call

shawnie8146

RIP my friend.....

Steven Richter

****ing rat

doug socia

I'm told daily I look like Ray what do you guys think?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2