'Bridesmaids' Slap Case

Student Wants $1 MILLION

In Damages

6/15/2012 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0608_dionne_malibu_logo
The Malibu High School student who was allegedly slapped in the face by her teacher multiple times -- in front of her entire class -- has officially placed the school on notice ... she wants $1 million for humiliating her ... or else.

15-year-old 9th grader Dionne Evans just filed a claim for damages with the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, demanding a total of $1,010,000 -- $1 mil for pain and suffering, $10,000 for psychological expenses.

According to the document filed by legal pitbull Donald Karpel, the teacher committed battery on Evans by slapping her several times on the face on May 22nd ... using a scene from the movie "Bridesmaids" as inspiration.

The school now has 45 days to resolve the issue -- by either paying up or settling -- or Evans can file suit, dragging the school district to court.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department is currently conducting a criminal investigation. The NAACP is conducting its own investigation.

For the school's part, it looked into the incident and decided the teacher only "pat" Evans. The school has no plans to place the teacher on administrative leave.

I was thinking of Pawn Stars after reading this story. She wants 1 Million... Hmmm. I'm thinking 38 bucks.

Onward

She and her family are thrilled--they've hit the gravy train.

I know it's too much to hope that this will be thrown out of court, especially since it's in California.

ManiacalZebra

Of course, this was about money.

ME

She is at the ripe old age of 15, where most black girls start breeding like rabbits by deadbeat black thugs who end up in prison or killed by other black thugs. And the rest of us have to pay for her to collect welfare for the rest of her life. so if your bogus lawsuit should fail we all know where she is heading...

swack

Whether it was a slap or a tap it doesn't matter. The teacher should have never done what she did. As a teacher who retired after 30 years I am appalled that the teacher did this. Because of he said she said situations we were always told to never put a hand on a student - not even to hug them if they needed one. While I hugged students all the time, I would have never put my hands on a student for punishment. If I had a student that wouldn't cooperate, it was off to the office and if they didn't leave, I had someone come and escort them. The teacher should have been suspended if for no other time but for the rest of the current school year.

Sherron

I knew this was a Made up lie from the start. Now we know why, money! She won't get it, they have found her story to be a lie!!

joe

any teacher that "pats" my face is getting their face patted back!

WTF?!

$1 Million?! What the teacher did was wrong but she's not getting that money. A few months from now She's going to feel like an idiot for even thinking that she can get that amount.

Sagitta

Okay, she's certainly a little bitch. At first I feel sorry for her because my teacher used to cane me in front of the class for not finishing my homework, so I kind of understand what she's going through. But 1 million dollar for PAIN and SUFFERING? Hell yeah, pain your ass.

D-INCARNATION

She needs a slap.

Bagman

I got a better idea for her. How about she learn to suck it up and realize the world does not owe you anything, you have to earn it. also the bunch of old fart called the NAACP need to go away, all they do is stir up trouble since it is the only way they make money. There generation is LONG overdo to fade away

royalredus

The fact that the school is backing up the teacher speaks volumes. Usually the schools are all too quick to take harsh action, but the story sounds like it holds no water. So, sorry Dionne. You'll have to get a job like the rest of us since you're not getting an easy pay day. HA!

High Desert

I wonder how many days the student didn't bring her notebook to class? 1 million for a couple of pats on the face, because she felt she was humiliated I have a hard time believing it. Knowing how kids are at that age I'm sure she was center of attention on campus that day

ChrisD

Oh great! Another example of “Generation WTF?”. Why not sue? It will probably be the only opportunity at earnings to this unmotivated, entitled person. Maybe you should have worked just as hard on your assignment and you wouldn’t be in this position. NEWSFLASH, when you EF up as an adult in the professional world and you don’t do your job you will be held accountable and have humiliation brought upon yourself. It’s a metaphorical slap in the face…will you sue then? What a wasted and abuse of the justice system.

Ashley

Good luck with that! and Good luck with the rest of high school...you're going to need it after this stunt!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments