'Basketball Wives' Nia Crooks

It's Jennifer's FAULT

She Got Slapped!

6/16/2012 4:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0616_vh1_nia_crooks_jennifer_williams_getty
If you get smacked in the face on reality TV, it's your own damn fault ... this according to "Basketball Wives" star Nia Crooks in her response to a lawsuit by a fellow cast member.

If you recall, "BB Wives" co-star Jennifer Williams filed a suit against Crooks -- claiming she suffered emotional distress and mental anguish after being hit upside the head on an episode of the VH1 show.

Now Crooks has fired back at the "face-slap" lawsuit -- claiming that Williams brought the slap on herself by the way she behaved.

In court docs filed by Crooks' lawyer, Javier Solano, she claims the slap was "caused in whole or in part by the culpable conduct, carelessness, contributory negligence or assumption of risk of [Williams]." In other words, Williams is just as much to blame for getting herself smacked.

Crooks also says Williams' injuries are bogus and is asking the judge to dismiss the suit entirely.

FYI -- in case you forgot the epic face-slap, you can re-live it here.

jaha

Please send her to jail. Who thinks like this? So all rape victums ask to be raped. Once again is the IQ level 4 for this show. Shaunie.Shaunie.Shaunie! Where did you find these people. Whores and Bullies.com.

cARAMELmOCHA_7

WOW...this Nia chick is sad! Blaming Jennifer for her (Nia's) actions, tsk tsk tsk

mel

Who asks to get slapped in the face you stupid fool. If I could have traded places with Jen for that moment, I swear you would not be standing today.

vickie j

she sound like a damn fool let me meet her and slap the **** out of her and tell her she is the blame for wearing those glasses on her face stupid ass

Lynn

Jennifer is not on the show, I will not watch it. A shame how people act and justify their behavior instead of saying I'm sorry. I never heard that from Nia.

pattie8

Nia, How old are you??? How does someone want to get slapped. When I finished sueing you everytime you looked at your hands, you would sit on them or think about cutting them off. You and that Dumb ass Evelyn keep saying you and Jennifer were friends, why would you slap her?

Ms V.

It is real unfortunate when women of any race resort to being disrespectful for any reason and especially having the nerves to hit, slap, punch, or any type of misconduct. If you do the crime then hey be woman enough to do the time. I don't care what kind of hood you grew up in don't act like it was the zoo.. Animals attack only when provoked people could take their example.. Less is always best and Mess loves attention..Fact not Fiction..

bxd

Definitely will not be watching basket ball wives this next season. I will not be supporting a show that represents black women in a negative light. The people with the best charactor traits have been fired. Well I definitely know that you have fired a huge following as well!

linda

they need to fire evelyn. she is one thug. only good one with class is shaunie.!! bunch of thugs trying to be classy. fake, fake.

Nessa

"She deserved to get slapped by the way she ACTED." Who the hell is she her MOTHER. Some people really need to get a life I guess she got her five minutes of fame........

Marcia

Since when did it become alright to put your hands on anyone. This is the problem that your children are facing and as I can see some adults in the business. I don't care how a person is talking it is not right to put your hands on anyone and those that do should have to suffer the consequences for their action ,not only should she pay but Evelyn got away with more then she should have.

Marcia

I agree with one of the person comment I read. Since when did it become ok to put yopur hands on someone Evelyn has rub offr on her assistant. I think all of them need to show a better charter then they have show I dont think that, thats a show I would like my ckids to see the only one the remotly has a good charter is Mrs.O'neal shee needs to get them to go to church with her maybe they will learn to be better people if they knew Jesus.

Marcia

The character of an animal is to attack I read well to me she saying that you'll are a bunch of animals.Well I don't want to keep bashing you'll just in the furture shows to come like it or not act like woman that know God. At lease if you act that way when people talk about you, you know that it was all not in vain, cause right now it looks bad but I want to encourage and to pray that God come in and take over this season and some where in this season someone really changes and God gets the glory. So ladies let the light of the Lord be your guide and Tammie and Evelyn go to the Alter and get on you'll knees and pray.

HELENA BOWMAN

DID ELEVLYN DESERVE TO B HEAD BUTTED

Linda

I feel that Jennifer should have slapped her back. I wished it would have been me she never slap no one else when someone said slap she would be trying to hide. When I say she I mean NIA CROOKS SHE IS A *****.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments